Medical Director - Global Medical Affairs
GSK Brentford / Remote working
12 Month initial contract
Pay rate up to £120 per hour via Umbrella inside IR35
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
- Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
- Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
As part of the global medical affairs team for rheumatoid arthritis, your role will be to support the creation and timely delivery of the Global Medical Affairs plan within the rheumatology team.
This includes (but is not necessarily limited to):
- Contribution to the Global Medical Affairs Plan (MAP) and Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) for the relevant asset/ indication(s) under the direction of the GMAL
- Lead/contribute to designated elements of the above-country Medical Affairs Plan e.g. Advisory Boards; Symposia.
- Partner with commercial colleagues to develop brand campaigns and support launches.
- Develop and approve promotional, non-promotional and training materials.
- Deliver the evidence needs of that asset in partnership with Franchise/ R&D colleagues, including:
o Supporting the efficient working of the Integrated Evidence Team
o Reviewing local GSK-sponsored and Investigator Sponsored Study (ISS) proposals to assess their scientific merit and strategic need
o Developing assigned Franchise study protocols.
- Drive excellence in Scientific Engagement (SE) with key stakeholders (HCPs, Patients, Payors and Regulators) to gain a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Medical Doctor, PharmD or PhD
- Significant industry global medical affairs experience required (Immunology and/or Rheumatology knowledge preferred), with pre-launch/launch experience highly valued.
- Effective time management, ability to clearly identify priorities and manage multiple tasks
- Broad drug development experience with robust knowledge of GCP regulatory/ market access and reimbursement requirements.
- Ability to develop, design and implement Phase 3b /4 studies.
- Robust understanding of promotional codes/ regulations; previous involvement in review and approval processes.
- Highly developed leadership, networking, communication and influencing skills to work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong networks of external and internal experts
- Specialist qualification relevant to Immunology (preferred)