Title: Global Expert Insights Lead ( Insight Manager )
Pay Rate: £490.87 Per Day / Inside IR35 / Umbrella )
Start Date: 7 / 2 / 2022 ( ASAP )
End Date: 15 / 12 / 2022
GSK Consumer Healthcare is known for our broad portfolio of trusted, over the counter (OTC) health brands. Alongside our great consumer marketing, the relationships we create with the recommenders of health solutions to consumers – health care professionals (HCPs) and other health influencers – are critical to our long-term business success. The Expert Marketing and Expert Insights functions strive to understand and serve our HCPs’ professional needs, ensuring that through supporting them and their patients, more consumers experience better health every day, delivered with humanity.
As an Expert Insights Lead, you are responsible for nurturing and inspiring winning Global Expert strategies across categories through your deep understanding of experts and influencers. You lead the development of transformational insights to drive the Expert program and support decision making as an integral part of the Expert team. You function as a trusted business partner and key advisor.
The role spans all of our product categories and brands – Wellness, OTC (Pain Relief and Respiratory brands) and Oral Health – and requires you to develop a working understanding of those categories, alongside knowledge of approaches to HCP content creation, channels/ media planning and trial-driving mechanics.
The Expert Insights Lead also plays a leading role in the ongoing transformation of the overall Insights function by championing strong capabilities in Expert & Influencer research and linking analytics and insight.
Support Strategy and business growth
- Lead timely, agile, and highly actionable audience understanding that firmly establishes the New Company amongst Experts. Participate in senior stakeholder meetings and demonstrate strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- Identify growth opportunities by understanding drivers of evolving consumer and expert behaviour. Consider global self-care, inclusivity, sustainability, and digital trends in designing future growth paths.
- Steer the development of strategic expert foundations incl. deep audience understanding, Customer Journeys/ Experiences, and input to strategic briefs. Identify opportunities to transfer learnings across multiple experts and leverage learnings across categories.
- Recommend opportunities to strengthen, stretch or re-define expert-facing priorities, content and message architecture and above-brand portfolio approaches – learning fast and influencing stakeholders based on facts.
- Contribute to key expert leadership forums and business & financial processes.
Drive Innovation development and evaluation
- Own a complete vision of the expert experience: mapping journeys, relationships and experiences, and identify critical touchpoints to leverage and future opportunities.
- Inspire and steer innovation in Expert content and tech- or service-oriented solutions, based on unmet, under-met or new, patient and expert needs.
- Support development of new concepts and influence the selection & refinement processes. Support accelerated innovation work in the content, channels and tech spaces.
- Work with media agency to create and develop bespoke Expert media measurement and planning tools.
Drive expert creative asset development
- Co–create media neutral ideas and support communications development across all touchpoints of the expert journey with the goal of strengthening equity and conveying brand/ corporate purpose.
- Evaluate success of in-market expert creative performance and incorporate learnings/ recommendations for future roll-out/ optimization and further innovation development.
- Enhance return on marketing spend by incorporating learnings from market execution into the design process.
Support transformation of the Insights function
- Identify opportunities, recommend, and embed capabilities for Expert research throughout the Insights organization. Embrace agile, iterative, and digital approaches for Expert insights
- Integrate data analytics as a key component of insight generation and business understanding.
- Contribute to learning & development programs at a cross-category level and beyond.
This particular contract has a vital role to play in supporting us in 2022, in the exciting transformation from being part of GSK to a new, stand-alone consumer healthcare company.
Minimum Level of Education Required:
· A minimum of a BA degree
· Excellent English spoken & written, additional languages a plus
Preferred Level of Education:
Targeted areas of expertise in Insights
· Previous insights experience of healthcare / healthcare professionals preferred but not essential
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience Required:
- International OTC / FMCG experience gained either on client- or agency-side.
- Proven experience and ability to work in a dynamic business context with rapidly changing information and priorities.
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of ad hoc learning methodologies incl. some experience of analytics and digital methods
- Experience of working across multiple markets and cultures through in-market, regional or global roles.
- Demonstrable experience working with cross-functional teams.
Why is this level of experience required?
· Role requires a strong foundation in audience understanding and/or brand building and with seasoned insights subject matter expertise.
· Role requires strong leadership and interaction with various levels of stakeholders across a highly cross-functional organization.
· Range of projects and work is extensive and covers multiple insights disciplines; pace of team execution and transformation requires an experienced professional
Relevant job skill or abilities not covered in Educational Background or Job-Related Experience sections above that are required for the job.:
- Experienced insights professional who can work well independently
- Proven track record of consistent high performance and delivery, driving strong delivery and business results
- Confident to challenge the status quo and drive transformational and disruptive thinking
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication (written + oral) skills.
- Strong business acumen with proven history of translating findings into actionable insights and driving results through influencing at senior levels of the organisation
- Exceptional collaborator and team-player: proven networking skills at Global, Regional and local levels as well as ability to build strong external networks and partnerships
- Natural story-teller and communicator: able to synthesise & integrate information sources and tell a clear and compelling story – at various levels of the organisation
- Creative problem-solver with a positive outlook.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-moving environment.