Finance Business Partner
Until End of July 2022
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
A Finance Partnering role accountable for the delivery of activities to support the financial separation of the New CH and New GSK business in mid-2022, specifically for the Legal & Compliance function. Provide financial management services and expertise within the Legal & Compliance Finance function which will directly enable the successful finance separation of the L&C function.
Provide financial and strategic advice to the Legal & Compliance Finance Partners and FD and manage the separation activities and relationships with the wider GSF Finance function and the project team overseeing the financial separation of Global Support Functions. Actively contribute to delivering accurate financial reporting as part of the separation activities and assisting the L&C Finance Partners with consistent financial performance in the L&C function through the separation change process. Scope includes decision support, process simplification, project management and governance.
This role reports into the Finance Director, Legal & Compliance.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Working with separation project team, support teams in India and global stakeholders to ensure a deep level of understanding of separation changes required and in progress, to ensure the accuracy of the function’s numbers between New CH and New GSK. Prepare and present slides on the progress of the financial separation activities for the L&C function to leadership teams.
- Independently support the financial separation activities for the L&C function and work closely with the L&C Finance Partners to ensure progress towards accurate financial separation and reporting.
- Establish strong business partnerships with L&C finance partners, other separation finance partners, budget owners, and separation project managers by understanding the business area, planned changes for financial separation, and related issues. Provide insightful input into the separation plans and activities that contribute to accurate financial reporting for the L&C function at separation.
- Identify and support simplification of separation activities and implementation of best practice to achieve accurate financial separation. Constructively challenge complex processes and plans and identify, communicate, and escalate risks to accurate financial separation.
- Answer various ad-hoc queries from various stakeholders on the separation project, this could be about budget, actual charges, headcount etc
- Take ownership of ensuring changes required as part of financial separation are monitored, implemented, and simplified.
· Finance / business degree or professional accountancy qualification.
· Financial management experience in a commercial environment.
· Experience of financial analysis, forecasting, planning and decision making support.
· Experience leading the month end and year end process.
· Demonstrated experience in process improvement and management of change in financial processes.
· Strong IT skills and ability to work with a range of financial systems.
Demonstrated ability to display key attributes of successful Finance business partnering:
• Driving Partnerships
• Catalyst for Change
• Questioning & Challenging
• Being Enterprise Minded
• Communicating Results