Finance Business Partner
GSK House, Brentford (TW8)
6 Month Initial Contract
Pay: up to £568 per day (Inside IR35 – via umbrella ONLY)
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
- Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
- Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
A Global Finance Partnering role accountable for the delivery of financial management services and expertise within GSF, managing financial results to business targets which directly enable GSF success.
Provide financial and strategic advice to GSF Leadership Teams in order to actively contribute to delivery of overall financial and functional performance. Scope includes financial planning, decision support, process simplification, financial management and governance.
This role reports into the Senior Finance Partner, Legal and GEC.
- Lead the month end process, involves working with central finance, LOC finance, support teams in India to ensure a deep level of understanding and to ensure the accuracy of the numbers. Prepare and present slides on the numbers to leadership teams.
- Independently support the budgeting process.
- Establish strong business partnerships with functional senior management, budget owners and project managers by understanding the business area, objectives, needs and issues. Provide insightful input into the performance of the function against budget.
- Identify and support simplification projects and implementation of best practices. Continually challenge processes and implement process improvements.
- Company is de-merging, support the changes, ensuring financial accuracy. Work through issues and implement simplified solutions.
- Answer various ad-hoc queries from various stakeholders, this could be about budget, actual charges etc
- Finance / business degree or professional accountancy qualification.
- Financial management experience in a commercial environment.
- Experience of financial analysis, forecasting, planning and decision-making support.
- Experience leading the month end and year end process.
- Strong IT skills and ability to work with a range of financial systems.
Demonstrated ability to display key attributes of successful Finance business partnering:
- Driving Partnerships
- Catalyst for Change
- Option Analysis & Decision Making
- Questioning & Challenging
- Being Enterprise Minded
- Communicating Results.