Project Communications Lead
Remote / Brentford
12 month contract
The purpose of this new programme communication role
We need someone passionate about communications and employee engagement to take on a new role in the HQ programme team. This is an exciting new communications role which will focus on engaging our employees in the journey with key milestones at separation and over the next few years as we build our unique, new HQ campus.
While it is the CH teams currently based in GSK House and Weybridge who are most impacted by the location moves, this is our new global HQ site and our colleagues and teams globally will be excited to follow the story, as will as our external partners.
Key Responsibilities Project Urban Communications lead
· Create compelling content and assets to support our storytelling about our new HQ plans.
· To develop and activate an employee engagement plan, working alongside a new Change lead, to generate a sense of pride, ownership, and excitement in the move.
· Work with the Change lead to create opportunities for employees to get involved in the development of our new workspaces (e.g. user groups, focus groups etc.) to feed into the broader programmme.
· Keep a regular cadence of news for sharing with wider audiences.
· Generate regular Q&A updates for employees
· Work with other teams in Comms and HR to provide input and proof points from the Urban programme to theirs e.g.: our new campus will be in the top tier of sustainable buildings in the world, our new HQ will bring to life our purpose and culture.
· Share input into our overall CH comms plan and provide input into our ‘air traffic control’ around comms.
· Offer Comms counsel and advice to the Urban team on comms issues.
· Liaise with the Project Emerald team (New GSK HQ) as appropriate.
· Build in KPIs to programme work to monitor success & guide programme development.
· The role will be accountable to Domenico Vellucci in the Project Urban core team and have a dotted line into the CH Transformation Communications Director.
· The role holder will need to be able to understand and translate into effective communications the GSK Consumer Healthcare narrative and story, aligned to our business priorities and strategy.
· The role is global in scope and the role holder will be expected to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
· This role with partner with senior stakeholders across Consumer Healthcare and New GSK, including the Separation Management Office, members of the CHLT, and our Weybridge site.
· Role holder will be required to think and make decisions at a strategic level while also ensuring hands on delivery of required work.
· The role requires the ability to influence and advise partners across Consumer Healthcare on how to respond to requests for actions and activities forming part of separation, which may include changing behaviours and ways of working.
· Calmness under pressure, with a ‘can do’ attitude and ability to work in a dynamic environment is crucial in a fast-paced communications environment.
· Role will need to deal with a high level of complexity and uncertainty and work in a highly matrixed fashion.
· Role holder will also have to be adept at influencing stakeholders at all levels in the business and across functions, including outside of the Communications & Government Affairs function.
· Project Urban core programme team including WREF and HR team.
· CH Transformation Director (dotted line manager)
· Separation Management Office (SMO)
· Key Corporate Affairs contact e.g. CH Government Affairs team, Global CH Comms team, GBI Comms lead
· A confident communicator and networker; comfortable liaising with senior leaders if required
· Strong creative writing, editing and visual storytelling skills
· Good working knowledge of internal and external digital channels
· Good working knowledge of Sharepoint site management
· Knowledge and experience of applying digital insights to set targets for and constantly improve content and campaigns
· Someone who values teamwork, who can prioritise and is motivated to work in an agile way, and who wants to leverage data and insights to continuously improve our employee experience.