Job description Posted 16 December 2021
5 month contract
£23 per hour PAYE / £28 per hour via umbrella
- Execution of medium- to high-throughput protein degradation assays.
- Development and execution of cell-based phenotypic assays (ex. cytokine readouts, cell viability, apoptosis).
- Culture and maintenance of cell lines; stable cell line generation using CRISPR/Cas9
- Contribute to the Protein Degradation Group culture of scientific excellence and mutual support
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD with 2+ years postdoctoral work or MS with 5+ years industry experience in biochemistry, molecular/cellular biology, or equivalent fields.
- Experienced scientist with a strong background in molecular biology and immunology
- Demonstrated proficiency in data processing and data management.
- Demonstrated track record of publishing work in peer-reviewed journals, and an ability to collaborate across disciplines and matrix teams.
- Innovative, independent, motivated, and productive problem solver with excellent communication skills who also works effectively in a team setting.
- Experience in protein degradation biology, i.e. ubiquitination
- Experience in immunology, T-cell biology
- Experience in proteolysis-targeting chimeras (PROTACs) or target protein degradation techniques such dTAG or HaloPROTAC