LOA: 3 Months
Rate: £44.78 P/H, Via Umbrella / Inside IR35
Position: Data Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support GSK Consumer Healthcare in its journey to becoming a more data driven organisation. This means providing our teams with easy access to relevant and timely data to inform faster and more insight driven decision making. In addition, this will enable faster feedback on the impact of change as the organisation undergoes agile transformation and transition to a ‘test and learn’ approach. Data is a key tenet underpinning our transformation journey following the joint venture with Pfizer this year and our plan to spin off into a separate company in 2022.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our team to support CH Data Office to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
The Data Analyst responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities.
The responsibilities of our Data Analysts are to work as part of a cross functional scrum teams:
- Extensive database development experience in Data Analysis and Data modelling, Data Warehousing, Microsoft SQL, MySQL
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information need
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required
- Strong SQL or Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or Statistics
- 3+ years’ experience as a data analyst
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Experience working with Azure Dev Ops
- Familiarity with C#, Python or other object-oriented programming languages
- Knowledge of Cosmos DB, Databricks, and Azure Stream Analytics a plus