Position: Copywriter - Full time, 6-month contract
Location: GSK House, London
Pay rate: up to £400 per day via Umbrella inside IR35
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose to improve the quality of human life by helping people do more, feel better, live longer. By delivering on our purpose, the greatest contribution we make is to improve the health of people around the world. In 2020 that included delivering 2.2 billion packs of medicines, over 580 million vaccine doses and 3.8 billion consumer healthcare products.
We employ over 94,000 people across 96 countries and work directly with 36,000 suppliers. Everyone at GSK is focused on our three long-term priorities - Innovation, Performance, Trust - underpinned by our ambition to build a more purpose and performance driven culture, aligned to our values.
We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. In early 2020, we started a two-year programme to demerge our Consumer Healthcare business and create two new, exciting companies.
The resulting new GSK will be a growth company with new ambitions for patients and shareholders and an overarching purpose to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together. The new Consumer Healthcare company will have a portfolio which generated annual sales of more than £10 billion in 2020 and is well-positioned for further growth. We remain on track to separate in 2022.
About the role
The existing global corporate website will be replaced by a new website on day one of new GSK. New gsk.com will have a bold new look in line with new GSK’s visual identity, along with a world class content and visitor experience.
The existing website comprises 2000+ pages. All of which must be reviewed, streamlined, aligned to the new GSK tone of voice (part of the new GSK visual identity) and approved by stakeholders and regulatory before going live. This role is responsible for aligning all new gsk.com webpages to the new GSK tone of voice and will include rewriting existing content and creating new content.
The role holder will join the Global Digital Communications team and work with a number of wider team members and stakeholders including: the new gsk.com Content Project Manager, our corporate brand and website agencies, the Digital Comms and Channels teams, the Visual Identity and Creative Content team, content SMEs and regulatory approvers.
· Educated to life sciences degree level
· Able to communicate scientific information to different audiences
· Experience writing for global corporate websites
· Knowledge of web design and UX
· Strong stakeholder management skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience
· Understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice
· Learn and become expert in the new GSK tone of voice
· Work with content SMEs to rewrite existing and create impactful new webpage copy, aligned to the new GSK tone of voice
· Work with content and regulatory approvers, to ensure copy is fit for purpose and compliant with industry regulations