Data Scrum Master
3 Month Contract
£609 ( via UMB only )
Brentford / Remote
The main purpose of the Data Innovation function is to act as a liaison between business and technology teams to focus on the identification, prioritisation and delivery of business insights in the form of reporting dashboards, presentations and ad-hoc analysis that will be used to drive business decisions and actions both strategically and operationally.
We’re looking for an experienced Agile practitioner to lead who can design and build new data products and capabilities, focusing on existing user experience to identify, design and implement enhanced means of communicating information to users.
The successful candidate would have the opportunity to act as leader for the Data innovation function delivering cutting edge analytical products within a cross functional diverse team, by making sure that the team have a clean and organized backlog that reflects the current status and the next priorities of the team, you will coordinate with other departments and teams at GSK, build new user stories alongside product owners and business Analysts, that will be rapidly developed into data products. and translate them to epics, features and stories articulating solutions with the delivery teams on how these challenges are going to be solved and implemented.
You will deliver both tactical and strategic developments across multiple stakeholders, tool sets and data sources. While proactively addressing distractions, disruptions, and obstacles so that the teams are free to focus on the work of producing output that will generate the desired outcome.
The responsibilities of our data Scrum Masters are to work as part of a cross functional scrum teams providing top end user experience and design by
· Work with internal stakeholders on new deliverables for rapid POC and MVP development of data products (potentially in Power BI and Qlik) to provide a more analytical solution for the business community then just a standard report.
· Ensure that the backlog grooming, daily stand-ups, sprint planning, spring demos and retrospective meetings are executed accordingly and optimizing the team performance.
· Ensure that milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout all projects lifecycle.
· Remove project obstacles, develop solutions with the team members and stakeholders involved.
· Develop key relationships with Data innovation Product owners, providing vital status updates and supporting business communication.
· Document and communicate progress and external blockers to upper management and multiple stakeholders.
· Input into planning and estimation in agile framework to fulfil the requirements backlog
· Act as a Scrum Master for 1-3 Scrum teams, working on multiple concurrent projects
· Embed an agile way of working for the team and coach them to achieve the team's goals
· Take ownership for team successful project delivery.
Skills / Experience
· Recognised Agile certification
· Expertise in a variety of Agile principles and frameworks
· 2 – 3 years of experience of running multiple scrum teams
· An instinctive understanding of group dynamics
· A broad toolkit of facilitation, training and coaching techniques, with an ability to coach on a one to one or team level
· Demonstrable business acumen and knowledge of business functions and processes at an enterprise level
· Proven experience of using data to add value to an organisation
· Good communication (both verbal and written) and stakeholder management skills
· Experience of end-to-end BI development lifecycle through to production
· Comprehensive understanding of data warehouses and data modelling