Financial Reporting Accountant (Pensions, Statutory Accounts)
GSK House, Brentford
4-5 Month Contract Initially
Pay: up to £378 per day (Inside IR35 – via Umbrella ONLY)
- The UK Pensions Finance team are seeking a finance professional to support the UK Pensions Finance team with the following pieces of work:
- Support the UK Pensions Finance team with the 2021 statutory accounts process including overseeing the work of outsourced finance provider.
- Coordinate with the auditors Grant Thornton for the year end audit of the schemes, including ensuring deliverables and responses to queries are provided in a timely manner.
- General support to the Pensions Finance team on ad-hoc tasks, projects and administrative work as needed.
Required Experience and Skills
- Experience of statutory accounts preparation and audits, including liaising directly with auditors
- Finance qualification ACA/ACC/CIMA (part-qualified with relevant experience would be considered)
- Experience of accounting and reporting for pension schemes
- Proactive self-starter
- Ability to communicate with and influence as appropriate at all levels in different functions across the schemes.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
No direct staff managed. However, this individual will work in a matrix organisation and needs to have the ability to influence through non formal reporting lines.
- GSK in-house team – UK Benefits, Pensions Finance and Pensions Investments
- Scheme Administrators and Finance services provider
- Custodian Bank
- Investment advisors and managers
- Scheme auditor
- Trustees of the schemes