Remote / Brentford
Contract until end of March 2022
Up to £700 per day via umbrella
- To ensure creation and execution of comprehensive global sourcing strategies for the assigned Tech spend categories or sub-categories.
- To manage Stakeholder relationship and engagement at VP/SVP level in a matrix environment.
- To create and execute global strategies effectively and globally, in collaboration with regional Procurement teams
- Leveraging deep category and market expertise of Global Enterprise Applications and IT Services landscape
- Operating in a truly global manner, representing procurement on the Global Application and Development Tech Leadership team
- Utilizing GSK and GSK Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies
- Engaging and building strategic relationships with key senior stakeholders and business partners in GSK
- Understanding the business requirements of key stakeholders and business partners and positioning the Procurement value proposition
- Delivering the needs of key stakeholders and business partners through creation and execution of global sourcing strategies
- Identifying and delivering business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation
- Ensuring financial benefit delivered is recognized by affected stakeholder communities and Finance groups to allow benefit capture and transparent decision making on how benefits are allocated by the business units, in line with the Spend Management Framework
- Leading, developing and managing the supply base, globally, for the in scope spend categories
- Building and leading effective strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Driving sustainable value for GSK from key supplier relationships
· Develop and implement effective, partnership, ways of working within the category management structure across geographical regions to ensure a cohesive global approach to all categories
· Initiate and lead processes to enable global and regional Procurement representatives to input global and regional business requirements and market dynamic information
· Ensure appropriate communication strategy is in place and in use within the relevant Procurement and business customer networks
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
· Influence key global stakeholders and business partners to endorse sourcing strategy, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
· Ensure creation of comprehensive global sourcing strategy for spend categories in scope of responsibility, operating with a truly global and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with the Category Director to ensure full alignment with global strategies
· Have a clear understanding of how global strategies affect local markets and the fit with regional strategy. Build an education & communication process for in-country Procurement leads and business units
· Be the global expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
· Deliver global benefits, quality, service, cost and innovation.
· Create and deliver effective global budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with global budgets
External supplier relationships
· Build strategic relationships with key suppliers at a senior level and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships. Ensure regional considerations are accounted for in global supplier relationships. Leverage the Business Review Meeting process to drive the relationship.
· Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective global contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global supplier negotiations and contracts
· Lead regional supply base reviews and global strategy reviews.
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant experience in Tech procurement covering Software and Professional Services, with experience of End User Technology, Security and Application Platform (inc. RPA) preferred
- Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
- English proficiency (written and oral), other language required
- Leadership/communication skills