12 Month Contract
£430pd (via UMB Only)
Are you a medical/scientific leader with a passion for Digital, Data and Analytics? Are you exploring a career change to a global, strategic role that helps shaping medical strategies and impacts on patients’ outcomes?
The Global Medical Insight Lead leads the medical insight generation process, to drive faster and more effective medical decision-making across the lifecycle of GSK medicines and vaccines for the Medical Affairs Global Medical Franchise/TA team.
The Global Medical Insight Lead is a strategic partner and an insight discovery expert who provides robust, insightful, and objective analysis on medical insights to develop effective Medical strategies and inform critical business decisions (e.g. Medical Launch plans) for prioritized assets and markets. The Medical Insights Lead combines scientific/medical knowledge with qualitative and quantitative methods to synthesize insights and uncover customers’ unmet needs. They partner with the Data Science & Analytics and Asset teams to articulate prioritized, strategic global questions and develop an analytics plan to uncover critical findings and potential insights for review and pressure testing/validation. They champion insight discovery best practices and lead by example as a “data storyteller”, ensuring appropriate feedback loops from local to global are in place.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity perform the following activities:
· Accountable for delivering a robust, evidence-based synthesis of findings and insights from disparate sources including from real world data, reporting metrics (e.g. MSL engagement data), voice of the customer (from advisory boards, market research, social media, etc.) to ensure high quality medical insights are derived and integrated into wider asset understanding and strategy.
· Drive the evolution of findings into insights by facilitating discussions with the global Medical matrix team to uncover globally relevant customer motivations, beliefs, and needs (including recommending additional analyses to supplement findings).
· Partner closely with the Global Medical Affairs Lead (GMAL) in leveraging medical insights to drive Global Medical decisions and strategies and for key input into pipeline/development workstreams.
· Define, structure, plan, and execute certain types of structured and unstructured data analysis as needed such as qualitative and/or quantitative research, findings from voice of customer sources using analytic tools/technology to dig deeper into opportunities or specific findings, and industry trend reports.
· Champion standard insight approaches, frameworks, and analytics methods to uncover true customer insights based on the customer insight definition (i.e. not just data points or observations) and ensure standard application within the Insight Lead team. Build strong partnerships with the other Insights Leads to share best practices and learn from challenges to further embed the end to end insights process at a Global level.
What are we looking for?
· MA/MS/PhD in Medical or applied sciences discipline (e.g. Life Sciences, Applied Science, Analytics, Market Research, Healthcare Consulting) with strong business acumen
· 4-8 years’ experience (including 3+ years in healthcare) in quantitative/qualitative analysis related fields applying analytics and insights for business decisions (research, analytics, forecasting, etc.) on structured, semi-structured and unstructured data (e.g. Voice of Customer) in a rapidly evolving healthcare environment.
· Demonstrated successful matrix management and leadership effectiveness; Ability to work effectively and build relationships across teams
· Demonstrated ability to influence senior leadership and confidently defend informed recommendations
· Experience in Pharmaceuticals/Medical Field; Understanding of high performing Medical Affairs organizations, including business planning, medical strategies, and customer dynamics/experience
· Mastery of relevant analytical concepts and frameworks with the ability to understand and synthesize across multiple types of datasets and findings
· Ability to lead through change and inspire agility/flexibility amongst team, comfort with ambiguity
· Experience in R&D, Medical Affairs, Healthcare consulting and customer facing roles preferred. Global/Regional experience preferred
· Curiosity and the ability of impactful questioning and other techniques
· Outstanding verbal and written communication/ presentation skills as evidenced through impactful leadership presentations - Adept story telling skills with and without the development of clear, communication materials.
· Proven and advanced collaboration skills, and cultural sensitivity; Understanding of the business impact and value of diversity and inclusion
· Proven ability to interpret stakeholder needs. Ability to negotiate and prioritize the most impactful areas.