Job description Posted 22 October 2021
Clinical Data Scientist
12 month contract
Up to £47 per hour via umbrella
The primary responsibilities of this role will revolve around
- exploring clinical biomarker data before the formal analysis, including preparing the data into the correct analysis dataset format, visualizing data to identify the potential data issues;
- analyzing data with sound statistical models;
- developing functions/APPs to standardize the process of data cleaning, data formatting and data analysis for commonly used methodologies.
To be successful, candidates must have the following competencies:
- An eye for detail, ability to work to timelines and quality standards are critical for this role.
- It requires expert organisational skills and sound data wrangling experience in handling different data formats and inconsistencies.
- As many tasks will be iterative, the role will require patience and ability to retain high standards when working to tight timelines.
- There will be interactions with clinical scientists, biomarker scientists, statisticians and programmers and good communication skills will be requisite.
- Proficient skills in R programming will be essential to fulfill the responsibility of this role and experience with R Shiny will be a plus.