Location - Brentford
Pay Rate - £661.81 Via Umbrella / Inside IR35
LOA - 1 Year
Consolidation and External Reporting Manager
GlaxoSmithKline Healthcare is looking for a highly experienced Consolidation and External Reporting Manager to join our Group External Reporting and Accounting team. This is a unique opportunity to join the team as we separate the GSK Healthcare division from the wider GSK Group as an independent business. As a result, we are looking for someone with excellent consolidation and IFRS technical skills as well as initiative and resilience to anticipate needs and navigate new processes.
The Consolidation and External Reporting Manager is responsible for preparing and reviewing consolidation journals, preparing notes to the GSK CH Group financial statements, contributing to finance reports for management, documents for the Board of Directors and for participating in the implementation of a new consolidation system.
In addition to the above, the key responsibilities will be:
- Preparation and review of consolidation journals
- Preparation and review of notes to the Group IFRS and Companies Act compliant audited annual report
- Monthly reporting of consolidated accounts (at actual, budget and prior year exchange rates), including various analysis of the income statement, balance sheet and cashflow
- Preparation of monthly board reports, including assisting with answering questions from senior stakeholders
- Assist with requests relating to separation and performing specific ad-hoc analysis
- Liaise with internal and external audit teams and ensure compliance
- Provide ad hoc support to Commercial Business/Finance teams
- Ad-hoc projects as required (including review of the current consolidation process and the implementation of a new consolidation system to prepare for the separation from GSK Group)
The role is a c.12 months fixed term contract role under IR35.
- ACA/ACCA qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience with IFRS, FRS101 and FRS102
- Experience of managing a team
- Practical PLC exposure
- Strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Hands on system implementation and multi-country, multi-currency consolidation experience
- Knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis
- Systems knowledge: SAP Financial Consolidation (SAP FC) and Financial Information Management (FIM) with reporting capabilities via SAP FC, Webi, Bex and Analysis for Office.
- Communication skills: Must be able to communicate confidently and effectively (verbal and written) within the team and with people in a range of disciplines from external auditors and other functions within the Group which may have varying levels of knowledge and understanding of accounting.
- Ability to work across boundaries: Stakeholders may be based in different locations around the world or within other functions within the Group.
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple activities in parallel: The role covers daily operational deliverables and ad hoc projects with focus on managing multiple reporting deadlines and delivering results.
- Ability to explain complex financial concepts in simple terms: The role is involved in managing and accounting for potentially complex transactions. The role holder is expected to be able to explain complex financial concepts in simple terms to a wide range of stakeholders.