Job description Posted 20 October 2021
UK Pensions Project Manager
GSK House, Brentford (Hybrid Remote Working)
Contract length: 12 Months
Pay: £530 per day (via Umbrella ONLY)
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage a GMP equalisation implementation exercise on behalf of the GSK Trustees as well as assisting with other ad hoc projects.
- Build project plans, identify key work streams and ensure deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Review contracts, draft communications and engage with wider groups and advisers within and outside of GSK for relevant input and review.
- Work with other GSK functions to determine the appropriate positioning of any changes, internal approval process and employee communications.
- Be a key contact with external providers and ensure that there is appropriate communication between the actuaries, legal advisers, administrators and other consultants. Manage budgets with external providers as appropriate.
- Support and obtain input from the UK Pensions & Benefits teams as relevant.
- Be responsible for setting meeting dates, preparing agendas and sending out minutes / action logs for the projects.
- Support staff (including senior management) within the organisation as pertaining to the transition and wider projects.
- Support the UK Pensions Director on wider projects and adhoc tasks, as required.
- Internal Resource Management: Support the UK Pensions Director to ensure that role clarity between Trustees, Reward Centre of Excellence, other internal functions and external advisers as pertaining to the projects in scope is clearly defined and managed on an ongoing basis.
- Communication: Support the UK Pensions & Benefits teams to ensure that an ongoing dialogue is in place for the projects and that all pension information on the GSK Intranet and external administrators' websites accurately reflects GSK pension plans and processes.
- Technical Support: Strong technical knowledge and understanding of the GSK UK plans.
- Strong understanding of pension matters, including current and pending regulations, and knowledge of implications for UK plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Project management experience including set-up and ongoing management of a project to completion
- Analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex information.
- A good level of numeracy and IT literacy.
- Team-working skills.
- Leadership qualities.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Organisation and time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to work well under pressure.