6 month contract (initial) | 37.5hrs per week
£516 per day (Umbrella)
Introduction to the role:
Are you someone who is highly self-motivated, forward-thinking and enjoy working on high impact projects as part of a team? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity to join our client's UK pharmaceuticals business in its journey to becoming a data driven organisation.
In this role you will be supporting our strategy to establish our data assets within the Azure cloud platform. To do this you will be using Azure Databricks to manipulate and transform data in Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure SQL Server to create tables and views for reporting and GitHub Enterprise for code version management. To be successful you will need to work in close partnership with the Lead Data Engineer and Lead Data Scientist to ensure you understand the data needs of the organisation and contribute to delivering the plan to meet these.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Create Databricks notebooks to manipulate and transform data in Azure Data Lake Storage; create and populate additional output tables in Azure SQL Server, as required
- Check data outputs vs. legacy/source systems
- Work with Power BI report developers to understand requirements and build appropriate views in Azure SQL Servers
- Ensure all Databricks notebooks and SQL code files are maintained using version control in GitHub Enterprise
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Strong SQL experience
- Azure Databricks (pyspark, SQL)
- Azure SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Databricks Delta Lake
- GitHub Enterprise
- Possess strong analytical skills and good attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and stakeholders across varying levels of seniority, some of whom may be based outside of the UK
- Sound understanding of relational database design principles
- Experience developing data models to support report development
- Azure Data Factory
- Oracle (PL/SQL)
If you are interested in the position, please apply directly to the vacancy and we will be in touch to discuss suitability. We look forward to receiving your application!