Business Intelligence Developer
6 month contract | 37.5hrs per week
£563.45 per day
About the role:
Are you highly self-motivated, forward-thinking who enjoys working on high volume projects as part of a team? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity to join and support the UK LOC in its journey to becoming a more data driven organisation. This means providing our teams with easy access to relevant and timely data to inform faster and more insight driven decision making. In addition, this will enable faster feedback on the impact of change as the organisation undergoes agile transformation and transition to a ‘test and learn’ approach.
The main purpose of the role is the delivery of business insights in the form of reporting dashboards, presentations and ad-hoc analysis that will be used to drive business decisions and actions both strategically and operationally.
We are seeking an experienced Power BI Developer to create and develop a suite of data sets, reports and dashboards that will turn the underlying data into decision making tools for end users.
The main responsibility of this role is to work in partnership with the Reporting manager to understand the organisation’s needs and develop reports in the Microsoft Power BI platform.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute across all phases of the client's projects (e.g. Plan, Analyze, Design, Build and Test)
- Adept at leveraging new approaches to solutions for system design and functionality
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent, positive client interaction and solution delivery
- Design and develop reports and dashboards using Power BI
- Analyse business requirements through the Reporting Manager
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Delivery of the product through the development and testing environments into live, production workspaces. Advising on change control, embedding and user training needs.
- Help level-up Power BI skills in wider Business Insights team
- 2+ years enterprise experience creating reports and dashboards in Power BI, including ability to use DAX to create measures
- Experience in creating compelling data visualisations to allow users to digest complex information quickly and easily
- Understanding of how to structure data models to deliver performant Power BI reports, and experience with working with DBAs/data engineers to specify requirements
- Strong SQL skills, ideally with experience using Azure SQL Server to create views, etc.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Power BI Service - workspaces, apps, security
- Understanding of Power BI Pro vs. Premium features and suitability
- Excellent attention to detail
• Experience working with Jira
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly to the vacancy and we will be in touch to discuss suitability. We look forward to receiving your application!