Who Are We?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
- Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
- Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
• Execute experiments based on established protocols.
• Identify issues in execution of experimental process and in results
• Accountable for experimental timelines
• Basic understanding of regulatory requirements
• Produce high quality data to enable R&D decision making.
• Work effectively and collaboratively.
• Interpretation of results/data and communication of conclusions to AD/QC team.
• Ensure data integrity and GMP Compliance ( while working in the QC)
• Maintenance of CGT laboratories, Laboratory equipment critical reagents and Laboratory stocks.
• Have awareness of, and comply with, all required safety regulations and procedures
(Preferred but not required)Technical expertise in:
• Mammalian cell culture(both primary and cell lines) and Biological assays.
• Cell isolation, characterization, manipulation and expansion.
• Molecular biology
• Computational biology / bioinformatics
• Immunoassay (i.e. ELISA)