Finance Manager (Technical Accounting, IFRS)
3 Month Contract
Brentford (hybrid remote working)
Pay: up to £425/d (via umbrella ONLY)
We are looking for a Team Leader who will manage the complete, accurate and timely delivery of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) reporting for two key areas of the Corporate Specialist Accounting department:
- Long Term Incentives (LTI) provided to UK and US employees including disclosures in the Annual Report and Accounts
- Venture Capital (VC) entities located in the US and the UK, and the planning and forecasting activities for these entities.
- Internal/External Reporting of Actuals - Deliver the month end and quarter end finance activities, including variance commentary and all close activities including the IFRS2 charge and financial incentive (carry) calculations for the VC companies.
- Responsible for calculation of the IFRS2 charge for local entity statutory accounts and joint ventures
- Ownership of the accounting for all Award Schemes
- ESOT Trust – review of the accounting for the two ESOT Trust and entities, including responsibility to ensure that all management recharges take place correctly.
- Primary point of contact for third party provider for finance queries pertaining to employee portal.
- Forecasting and Budgeting – Preparation of the cost of LTI plans for the forecasting and planning cycles. Act as principal point of contact for all planning and forecasting activities for the VC companies and provide commentary on key variances/business drivers and any actions required.
- Work with Finance Manager to provide technical accounting advice to the Corporate Development Team and prepare financial approval papers, including coordination of inputs and approvals from External Reporting, Tax and Treasury.
- Work with Investment Team on valuation discussions with investment managers on all companies in preparation for quarter end reporting.
- Prepare and review with Finance Manager quarterly reports on equity sell downs and other regulatory requirements to Corp Secretariat for the equity investments. This includes Hart Scott Rodino filings.
- Support Senior Finance Manager with review and filing of UK statutory accounts whilst working with the service provider to deliver in a timely fashion and to a high standard.
- Responsible for agreeing funding requirements for new and existing capital commitments with Corporate Treasury.
- Compliance and Control - Manage internal Sarbox compliance, including managing external audits and review balance sheet reconciliations.
- Qualified accountant with at least 5 years PQE
- Knowledge of and applying IFRS standards, ideally with knowledge of IFRS2 in particular
- Experience in dealing with and accounting for share based payments schemes
- Stakeholder engagement
- Communication skills