Job description Posted 10 September 2021
Brand Manager - Nexium Digestive Health
Remote / Brentford
Up to £300 per day via umbrella
- Own and lead the long term and sustainable direction of the Nexium brand and the full Digestive Health portfolio of the GBI market.
- Full day to day control, planning and execution of the 2021/22 operation plan, as well as creating the necessary long-term growth plan for continued brand health & success.
- Deliver sales, share, profit, GM% & brand equity in line with plan and business needs.
- Drive the MFT (Multi-Functional Team) and broader stakeholder network to support on all brand priorities & initiatives, ensuring all cross functional departments are clear and executing their tasks and responsibilities.
- Work with the Wellness Lead (Line Manager) to identify, drive and execute local (Local Star classification) initiatives (Brand strategy, Innovation, Creative direction, Asset development, Manufacturing networking), to ensure the Digestive Health portfolio remains competitive and delivers against both short and long term objectives
- Own the day to day relationship with all brand agencies (e.g. media, Ecomm, creative, web), ensuring all deliverables are achieved on time and within budget.
- To be aware of category, brand and competitive performance and to lead analysis and response where required.
- Support & protect the image and reputation of all GSK brands/products and ensure maximum safety to all consumer/shoppers, throughout their many different interactions.
- With full support from the MFT, create, own and execute the MAP (Marketing Annual Planning) 3in1 brand planning of the Nexium brand across both GB & I markets.
- To manage and deploy full A&P spend with maximum accuracy and efficiency and deliver tight PO and invoicing management with the support of the Wellness Graduate.
- Owner of brand media planning and campaign activation. Be the lead point of contact together with Wellness Lead for GBI creative and media agencies.
- Work with full multi-functional local teams to access, adapt and implement the appropriate assets in market on time and to maximum efficacy, with a strong digital focus.
- Ensure all brand assets and content comply with all local regulations and full approval from all governing bodies (PAGB, ClearCast etc) is achieved in advance of any execution.
- Work with sales, Net Revenue Management, finance, supply, shopper & expert teams to ensure a seamless, end to end brand program is implemented.
- Optimise and maintain range architectures, pricing & promotional strategies.
- Seek out new growth opportunities for the portfolio/brands – using consumer, shopper, customer and category insights.
- To systematically review multiple data sources to track category, brand and competitor performances, proactively recommending course correction activities where required.
- Use influence to gain support for key brand initiatives internally and externally e.g. project approvals, trade discussions.
- Manage the brand P&L to deliver against financial targets and maximise ROI.
- Proactively review/adjust portfolio & investment strategies to maximise delivery.
- Evaluate, prioritise and launch NPD into the existing brand portfolio.
- Attend retailer meetings to present brand strategy and plans.
- Be an engaged and supportive member of the Wellness Marketing team, supporting and driving team meetings, events and key intiatives/deadlines.