Contract until September 2022
Up to £15 per hour PAYE
Microbiological Technologist reporting to the Team Manager of the relevant unit and responsible for performing a wide range of biologically related activities
Responsibilities applicable to all roles at Barnard Castle PSC site:
- To work as a flexible and motivated member of the team.
- To follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or Standards of Work (SW) applicable and in which the individual has been trained.
- To act at all times in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and to report any quality issues.
- To remain up to date with all training requirements (both ‘classroom’ courses and computer- based training through the ‘My Learning’ internal platform).
- To take part in Continuous Improvement (CI) activities to highlight improvements to equipment and processes.
- To take part in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA) processes.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- To be multi skilled and demonstrate a level of specialism in a minimum of the disciplines listed above, employing high standards of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- To be knowledgeable in regulatory requirements associated with their specialism area.
- To be able to work without direct supervision in their area of specialism on the Barnard Castle site or other sites as required.
- To develop methodology for new or modified techniques and prepare written SOPs/Methods.
- To train junior staff in any aspects of their work as specified by the Team Manager.
- Create documentation, methods, procedures, protocols and reports to agreed targets.
- To support investigations/projects within their specialism within the department.
- To participate/represent the department on major site projects.
- To prepare and publish reports/analyse monitoring data as directed by the Team Manager.
- To liaise efficiently and effectively with Production/Quality Assurance (QA) and other corporate groups as required.
- Support audit readiness activities.
- To support routine monitoring programmes within their areas of specialism.
- To provide active support to Team Manager during regulatory inspection
Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrate knowledge in at least one area of Pharmaceutical Microbiology i.e. Environmental Control, Finished Product Testing (Endotoxin, Sterility or Microbial Limit testing) Sterilisation, Biological Indicators, Microbial Identification.
- Effective organisation, communication, presentation and influencing skills