We are currently seeking a contingent worker (CW), who will report into the new Phase 2 automation hub as a key member of their core Phase 2 AAE team. This team will be accountable for the delivery of 96x molecule lead panels of antibodies for the simultaneous assessment of both biological activity and early developability, as part of the wider Biopharm Capability Workstreams.
The successful candidate, working in partnership with other research and development groups in GSK, will be responsible for the process development and optimisation of polyclonal CHO cell line generation using the Atum Leap-In transposase platform. In addition to the current internal processes, there is scope to explore alternative expression systems in order to maintain line-of-sight of later-stage cell line development processes.
Current PoC activities across the team are focused on delivering a semi-automated process, alongside seamless data workflows. This has involved a wide range of technical expertise covering diverse topics such as data science, automation, cell biology and protein biochemistry. In addition, future PoCs are planned to widen the scope of antibody delivery to that of bispecific and non-standard formats.
This role would therefore suit an inquisitive scientist with experience in mammalian cell culture, who is eager to learn more about Biopharm Discovery activities, novel mammalian expression systems and automation. It is hoped that the successful applicant will already be experienced in one or more of these areas and will be able to bring their existing skills to the team, however, suitable training will be provided for any areas that are required, as and when necessary.
- PhD or equivalent experience in biochemical engineering, cell biology, bioprocessing or a related discipline
- Experience in stable cell line generation (cell maintenance, quality control of cell culture; transfection; etc.)
- Troubleshooting and critique of process workflows
- Expertise in the use and troubleshooting of automated LiHa systems (esp. Tecan Fluent)
- Experience in data handling and reuse
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal