Contract until end of year
Up to £650 per day via Umbrella
Senior data scientist required to take a lead the European flu tracking project. We produce a number of over the counter products aimed at flu and flu like symptom relief. The aim of the project is to better understand flu and flu like illnesses in our European markets with an aim to develop a tracking and prediction modelling solution. The end solution will be an easily understandable metric suitable for internal stakeholder and external consumers to understand the situation where they are. A solution has already been created for 2 markets in EMEA that have been productionised. 3 new specific countries have been identified as part of scaling for this solution to be developed for. The model must be developed with the aim to productionise with the support of internal support.
You will be working with our Principal Data Scientist for Research and Development
• Contribute to all aspects of the Data Science Project Lifecycle from scope through to production
• Strong communication and team working skills with demonstratable ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team to deliver projects on time and within scope.
• Experience with forecasting / time series analysis
• Provide leadership and guidance on monitoring ongoing data quality and model performance
• Own and define the key performance indicators (KPIs) and diagnostics to measure performance against business goals
• Compile, integrate, and analyse data from multiple sources to answer business questions
• Can conceptualize, formulate, prototype and implement algorithms to solve business problems
• Proven extensive experience developing and implementing Machine Learning algorithms on large data sets for time series analysis and predictions with a specialisation in forecasting.
• Have a good working knowledge cloud based data science frameworks and toolkits.
• Are experienced in Agile methodologies and the hypothesis-driven approach
• Ability to articulate and document work done clearly.
• Experience building large scale machine learning systems
• Experience with the Azure machine learning stack, including AzureML, MLOps etc.