Remote / Brentford
Up to £670 per day via umbrella
Until end of year with the view to extend
An experienced and hands on Category Leader is required to lead the creation, execution and management of comprehensive global sourcing strategies for specified global spend categories within the responsibility scope of CBS Procurement
· Leveraging deep category and market expertise to operate in a truly global manner
· Utilizing GSK and GSK Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies
· Engaging and building strategic relationships with key senior stakeholders and business partners in GSK
· Understanding the business requirements of key stakeholders and business partners and positioning the Procurement value proposition
· Delivering the needs of key stakeholders and business partners through creation and execution of global sourcing strategies
· Identifying and delivering business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation
· Ensuring financial value delivered is recognized by affected stakeholder communities and Finance groups, to allow benefit capture and transparent decision making on how benefits are allocated by business units, in line with the Spend Management Framework
· Creating and delivering effective budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework
· Leading, developing and managing the supply base for the in scope spend categories Building and leading effective strategic relationships with key suppliers
· Driving sustainable value for GSK from key supplier relationships
· Experience in IT Services & Software
· Experience of working on large programmes & in a global, complex, corporate environment.
· Be able to manage to timelines and delivery focussed.
· Must be able to hit the ground running.
· Must be willing to manage stakeholders, chase actions & drive the timeline.
· Experience of software licencing.
· Experience of divestments is preferable but not essential