Tech Product Designer, Intelligent Automation
Up to £525 per day via umbrella
Remote / Brentford
Contract until April 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Tech Product Designer who will be responsible for researching, defining and designing the Business intelligent automation features required to solve specific R&D Business problems that will ultimately improve Business process efficiencies. The Tech Product Designer will work alongside the Tech development product team to deliver quality enterprise wide intelligent automation capabilities that delivers best Business value and Return on Investment.
R&D Tech strive to deliver products, services and process efficiencies to our Research and Development customers that enable overall cycle time reduction, increased compliance, speed to market and brings high value to GSK quickly and often. We require a skilled Designer with experience in user research/experience, analysis, Design Thinking methodology, a good understanding of the software development lifecycle and an appreciation for process improvement. You will make informed design decisions, based on user research, that deliver best Business value within our application portfolio whilst advocating the augmentation of emerging technologies with people & processes to increase value, opportunity size and improve business efficiency.
Our focus is on making effective use of innovative automation and artificial intelligence technologies, such as Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing, RPA, Cognitive Capture and Chatbots, to create first rate intelligent automation solutions that will improve end-to-end user experience, boost productivity, drive value and improve overall R&D operational efficiency.
Key responsibilities include the following:
• Optimising the delivery of business value through business partnering, process improvement, user research and intelligent automation centered design, taking into consideration the product strategy and ensuring solution architectures and data landscapes align to the specific Business requirement.
• Drive the design of functional and practical intelligent automation solutions ensuring the developed solution fits within the existing GSK system landscape and complies with quality and regulatory requirements.
• Keeping up to date with the latest innovative technologies and working with the Tech engineers to determine which technology is most suitable for the product design.
• Being familiar with the Agile frameworks, working in a dynamic fast paced and value driven Agile DevOps Tech delivery team and embedding Design Thinking into Agile ways of working.
• Leading ideation workshops for a multilocation audience and applying Design Thinking methods and product design tools in order to obtain a solid understanding of the business domain and processes within a product area. Capturing user goals, needs and expectations and translating these into personas, journeys and user stories and using Agile principles that drive holistic and harmonised end-end process improvements.
• Sketching and creating interactive design prototypes from which the scope and focus for the intelligent automation function can be defined and acting as a bridge between the technical team and Business stakeholders translating technical terms into non-technical language that can be easily understood by the Business end-user.
• Preparing and coordinating user acceptance testing with key stakeholders.
• Defining value measures and quantifying expected Business value and gains into monetary savings and driving the Intelligent Automation product roadmap forward in close alignment with the Product Owner and with a clear focus on delivering value quickly and often.
• Working to tight sprint schedules without compromising quality.
• Responsible for ensuring the relevant GSK quality and change control process policies and procedures are adhered to and ensuring delivered solutions are compliant with internal security and risk management policies and practices, as well as external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP. Ensuring the Business analysis and design deliverables are clearly articulated, accurately documented and maintained, are accessible, audit inspection ready and delivered in a timely manner and to appropriate quality.
• Keeping up with internal and external trends and sharing research insights and best practices with the wider product team.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
• At least 5 years experience working in an IT product related industry
• Awareness, interest and ability to quickly learn intelligent automation and cognitive computing and cloud technologies such as basic machine learning, natural language processing, chatbots, RPA, image and speech recognition technologies
• Working knowledge of creating products that use Azure / GCP / AWS technologies and pre-built AI/ML services
• Working knowledge of creating Persona based solution architecture designs to ideate high level solution architecture approaches
• Has a proven track record of good time-management skills, is a proactive team player who requires little handholding, can self learn quickly and embed best practice and ways of working in a fast-paced agile and collaborative team setting
• Good understanding of the scaled Agile framework, Agile and DevOps methodologies
• Excellent experience in being able to identify and define the Business problem that needs to be solved
• Solid working experience in User Research, UX and Design Thinking methodologies and a good understanding of Service Design
• Knowledge and experience in using design thinking ideation and prototyping tools such as Miro, Balsamiq, Adobe XD, Mural etc.
• Strong analysis and document writing skills
• Strong oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics and the ability to lead and facilitate virtual multilocation workshops and present to varied stakeholder audiences.
• Track record in Business relationship management with strong influencing skills