Medical Project Manager - GSK
£700 per day via Umbrella
The purpose is to support the Sotrovimab medical affairs leads in delivery of project objectives.
The Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL) is a key Therapy Area (TA) Medical role. They act as the voice of Medical Affairs into R&D and Commercial for a given TA Medicine as well as externally with patients, Health Care Practitioners (HCP) and External Experts (EEs). The GMAL has overall accountability for Medical Affairs strategy, planning and implementation globally from Commit to Launch onwards. It is a complex matrix role, with multiple stakeholders in both central functions and countries, and requires high quality project management and operational support in order to ensure timely delivery of competing deliverables and milestones.
The remit of the Medical Project Manager role is to drive the consistent and timely delivery of GMAL and Medical Affairs Team’s deliverables outlined in Medical Plans. This includes (but is not necessarily limited to) planning and implementation of advisory boards, symposia and congresses; delivery of promotional and training materials; facilitating review/ tracking of Investigator Sponsored Studies (ISSs) and budget tracking. The role is designed to facilitate the embedding of consistent ways of working across the TA and to enable the GMAL to focus on value-added activities specific to their role and expertise. The role has global coverage, covers daily global, and frequent Regional and LOC interactions.
The role offers an opportunity to work at a global level on asset-specific specialty pipeline projects, close to R&D and country teams, making use of scientific capabilities and project management skills. The team is ambitious and supportive and would be a good fit for someone keen to flex and adapt to the changing scientific and organisational needs of the projects.
· Plans, schedules and drives execution of core Medical Affairs deliverables including (but not necessarily limited to) Business Planning process & implementation for Medical; Support team to develop Medical Affairs Plans; Develop dashboards / reporting mechanisms to monitor progress against Medical Affairs Plans; Develop resource plans and analysis (identify peaks/ troughs of activity across the Medical team)-aligned to Integrated Resource Management
· Secretariat for Global Medical Affairs Teams (GMATs) – e.g. proactive agenda management, input management, action tracking, decision tracking
· Manage Medical budgets (partnership w/ finance)
· Project Manage specific Medical Affairs Projects (e.g. IMEP, Medical Education Programme)
· Ensure medical materials / deliverables are communicated and accessible
· Manage items through review process track progress and address issues to ensure cycle times remain on target (ISSs, Copy Approval)
· Embed consistent and compliant ways of working across teams (e.g. Audit CAPAs)
· Support planning for external facing activities e.g. Advisory Boards, other advice-seeking activities, patient engagement, Congresses, Symposia, stand-alone GSK Meetings
· Provide Launch support including tracking of delivery of training and all related materials; ISS budget management / tracking; Insights Management – liaising with Regional/ Area Medical Leads (RML / AML) Risk and Issue management and communications
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of 3-7 years’ experience within the pharmaceutical industry. Other industry experience can also be relevant if strong project management skills have been proven, but some prior pharmaceutical experience is essential
· Analytical, logical thought process with proven track record of strong matrix management, facilitation, and project management skills
· Effective time management, ability to clearly identify priorities and manage multiple tasks
· Understanding of the lifecycle of pharmaceutical drug development and commercialisation
· Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and database management skills
· This role requires a high degree of agility to function effectively in ambiguous and complex environments
· Strong influencing, negotiating, facilitating, stakeholder management and communication skills required
· Strong skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously with an ability to prioritise appropriately
· Track record of building strong internal and external networks