Project Manager / Coordinator
Remote / Brentford
£350 per day via umbrella
12 month contract
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose to improve the quality of human life by helping people do more, feel better, live longer.
By delivering on our purpose, the greatest contribution we make is to improve the health of people around the world. In 2020 that included delivering 2.2 billion packs of medicines, over 580 million vaccine doses and 3.8 billion consumer healthcare products.
We employ over 94,000 people across 96 countries and work directly with 36,000 suppliers.
Everyone at GSK is focused on our three long-term priorities - Innovation, Performance, Trust - underpinned by our ambition to build a more purpose and performance driven culture, aligned to our values.
We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. In early 2020, we started a two-year programme to demerge our Consumer Healthcare business and create two new, exciting companies.
The resulting New GSK will be a growth company with new ambitions for patients and shareholders and an overarching purpose to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of disease together. The new Consumer Healthcare company will have a portfolio which generated annual sales of more than £10 billion in 2020 and is well-positioned for further growth. We remain on track to separate in 2022.
About the role
The existing global corporate website will be replaced by a new website on day 1 of New GSK. New gsk.com will have a bold new look in line with New GSK’s visual identity, along with a world class content and visitor experience.
The existing website comprises 2000+ pages, all of which must be reviewed, streamlined, aligned to the New GSK tone of voice (which will be part of the New GSK visual identity) and approved by stakeholders and regulatory.
This role is to manage that process from beginning to end and will involve working with our corporate website agency, the Digital Comms and Channels teams, the Visual Identity and Creative Content team, content SMEs, senior stakeholders, and regulatory approvers.
The role will also manage a copywriter, responsible for rewriting existing and creating new content, working closely with New GSK’s brand agency on tone of voice.
The role will join the Global Digital Communications team and report into the Global Digital Communications Director. However, the role holder will also work very closely with the Digital Channels Director who is project lead for new gsk.com.
· Strong project and stakeholder management skills
· Experience in managing a global corporate website
· Understanding of the power of imagery and video for digital storytelling
· Knowledge of content management systems, web design, accessibility and UX
· Experience in creating content for online audiences
· Understanding of how websites can be leveraged as part of a multichannel digital content strategy
· Pharmaceutical industry experience beneficial
· Create and execute the project plan that will take us from 2000+ pages of content on existing gsk.com, to fewer, more impactful pages on new gsk.com
· Work with content SMEs, stakeholders and approvers, making sure they are up to date with content progress, aware of what is required of them for their area of responsibility and holding them to account
· Manage legal, medical and ABPI approvals for all content, including written and visual
· Coordinate content sharing with the markets
· Manage new gsk.com copywriter
· Work closely with the Digital Communications and Digital Channels teams to:
o ensure the content plan is completely aligned with the new gsk.com plan
o help ensure plans for new gsk.com are aligned with other digital communications plans
o agree new gsk.com content that should be added to local market websites
o help ensure new GSK.com receives a leading position in the Bowen Craggs’ Index of effective online communications
o help set targets and benchmarks for new gsk.com
o create and embed a content workflow and governance process for new gsk.com in the future
· Work with Visual Identity and Creative Content team to ensure all visual and moving image content for is created and optimised for new gsk.com
· Partner with the Digital Channels team and our corporate website agency on new gsk.com content population