The Quality control department ensures that all aspects of the manufacture of products are performed in a controlled manner and meet commitments to regulatory bodies and the requirements of current Good Manufacturing Practice. The laboratory teams work as part of site value streams alongside the business centres to ensure that manufactured products are compliant and fit for purpose.
To ensure that all microbiological and chemistry testing is fully supported by providing calibration, reagent and standard preparation, booking-in, ordering and administrative services to the laboratory shift teams.
• Support the daily testing and verification activities for the laboratory as per the plan provided by the QC Lead Analyst or QC Team Manager to meet the site 6-day end-to-end testing targets. Promptly escalate issues as they arise and propose viable solutions to recover activities and return to plan.
• Prepares and checks analytical data accurately, upholding strong standards of data integrity and driving continuous improvement to simplify and improve working practices.
• Prepares buffer solutions and reagents, sampling bulk tanker deliveries or calibration checks to enable smooth continuity of analyst tasks.
• Maintains laboratory and minilab stocks of consumables, responsible for ordering of reagents, media and standards to ensure no loss in service from unavailability of materials.
• Is responsible for identifying improvement activities to ensure safety of self and others within the laboratory.
• Responsible for booking-in of samples received into the laboratory from business centres, warehouse and tanker samplers; updating documentation to indicate release and placing the sample in the appropriate storage location.
• Aid the laboratory by carrying out regular glass-washing, drying and return to storage locations.
• Archive laboratory data to ensure paper records are appropriately retained.
• Manage the laboratory retain store, ensuring materials are stored for and disposed after the appropriate period, liaising with the site waste contractors to dispose expired material.
• Carries out periodic checks of equipment to ensure it is calibrated, checked and fit for use. Checks all media, reagents and standards regularly to confirm within expiry date. Deficiencies are escalated and resolved promptly.
• Responsible for own training and development. Maintains up to date training records and performance and development plans. Identifies requirements for further training as required to support areas of responsibility.
• Recognise when a deviation has occurred and escalate following relevant site process. Actively and constructively participate in investigations, ensuring transparency on all errors.
• Use of SAP as a LIMS system to record booking in and comments against instrumentation where appropriate.
• Ensures documents associated with own areas of responsibility, such as equipment records, logbooks and laboratory paperwork are current and audit ready at all times. All documents and analytical reports are accurate, clearly laid-out, legible and recorded contemporaneously (at the time of the task). Strives for documentation complexity reduction, automation and paperless ways of working.
• Is responsible for ensuring sustained high standards of maintenance of 5S standards and equipment cleanliness.
• Has excellent planning and organizational skills, able to robustly plan and organize own work according to the pre-defined schedule.
• Identifies proactively when behind against scheduled workload and acts to rectify.
• Has a keen eye for detail and is readily able to identify procedural or GMP errors.
• Strives to ensure own work is right first time, and supports initatives and identifies opportunities to reduce
Completed A-Levels in chemistry, biology or related discipline. Alternatively, will have relevant professional knowledge and experience.
Why is this Level of Education Required?
The support technician responsible for supporting the laboratory in preparation of reagents, managing of consumables and booking in. This does not require a high degree of scientific knowledge, but practical experience is necessary to perform some functions of the role.
Where individuals have superior qualifications this provides opportunity to flex or develop towards and analyst role.
6 Years Min Experience in Lab work