Finance Manager – Group Consolidation & Reporting
On Site/Initially Remote Working
9 Month Contract
Pay: up to £610 per day (via Umbrella ONLY)
- This role’s primary responsibility will be the delivery of various aspects of the Group consolidation process, reporting and analytics that support the internal and external publication of the Group’s consolidated financial results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and will be responsible for the timely delivery, accurate review and escalation of issues as necessary
- Provide detailed analysis for inclusion in external reports (Earnings Releases/Annual Report) to be provided to the External Reporting team.
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities:
Main purpose of the role
- Providing high quality financial analytics to support the external results process, including the quarterly earnings release and the Annual Report;
- Supporting the preparation of the Group consolidated management and financial results, including income statement, consolidated balance sheet, statement of changes in equity and statement of cash flows using data submitted by c450 entities for use in internal monthly reporting as well as external quarterly and annual reporting;
- Assist with queries from subsidiaries and senior management regarding balance sheet and cashflow movements and transactions.
- Ownership of other ad hoc projects, including project management of the preparation of the financial disclosures in the Annual report, coordinating with the other members of the Group consolidation team and the External Reporting team.
- Support the planning and preparatory work for the separation into two separate companies and to ensure any changes for the New Group consolidation process have been implemented in line with the agreed project plan.
- Collect explanations and commentaries from the wider finance functions to support the analysis of the consolidated financial results, balance sheet and cash flows (including head office teams such as tax, treasury as well as teams within Global Finance Services and the market FDs and Hub Controllers).
- Liaise with the Group’s external auditors and internal compliance teams in relation to the operation of controls associated with the preparation of the Group consolidated financial statements.
- Manage and review the processes performed by the out-sourced finance analysts as appropriate, including that any journals are reviewed, authorized and processed correctly and all centrally held consolidation journals have been processed
- Management of the preparation of the monthly income statement report for review and approval by the Group Financial Controller and Group CFO prior to issue to the CET.
- Provide additional balance sheet and cash flow related analysis for external and internal reporting, including preparation of Notes to the Accounts in the Financial Statements
- Support the review of all financial data issued publicly as part of the quarterly and annual results process, including presentations, results releases and other corporate communications
- Responsible for aligning and/or reconciling management results with externally reported results as necessary
- Assist in the project management of the financial disclosures of the Annual Report ensuring all financial information is internally consistent, accurate and complies with Group’s accounting policies and disclosed guidelines, in line with the Corporate timetable.
- Preparation and review of specific notes in the Annual Report and the completion of relevant working schedules.
- Liaising with External Auditors during all audit phases (Quarterly and Annual). Acting as an interface with internal and external auditing activities regarding the Group consolidation process during the year end and hard close audits.
- Support appropriate communication throughout the Group of changes to reporting requirements and delivery of training activity if required
- Preparation and maintenance of relevant consolidation process documentation to meet Sarbanes-Oxley requirements specifically allocated to the role.
- Note: Work only relates to consolidated reporting, not to statutory reporting of any individual companies
Academic and technical skills:
- Educated to degree level
- Member of a professional accounting organisation (eg ICAEW; CIMA; ACCA) or equivalent.
- Experience including multi-national group consolidations as well as experience of the culture of very large organisations would be advantageous
- High degree of competence in financial accounting and reporting as well as knowledge of current accounting standards (IFRS), in particular business combinations, asset impairment and cashflow reporting.
- The following skills and capabilities should have been demonstrated in prior experience:
- Organisational skills, prioritising and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- The role involves interaction with many stakeholders and therefore good relationship building and influencing skills are important to be successful in this role
- Flexible communication skills are required to present information depending on the customers’ specific needs
- A high degree of ownership and ability to drive processes and projects: Initiate and assist in improvements to reporting processes and challenge existing accounting treatments and reporting processes, in order to improve quality of reported information. The role is responsible to drive projects and annual processes using resources available in the company.
- Accuracy / attention to detail / integrity in producing results is essential