Medical Advisor - ABPI final signatory, Vaccines
GSK House/Initially Remote Working
Contract until 30/11/2021
Pay: up to £1200/d (via umbrella ONLY)
We are recruiting for an experienced licensed physician to provide medical expertise and ABPI code final signatory support across the Vaccines therapy area
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. We discover, make and market life-enhancing products that are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. We have 3 primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and consumer healthcare. We have offices in more than 115 countries, major research centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with 87 sites globally. Our three strategic priorities are to grow a diversified global business, deliver products of value, and to simplify our operating model.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of company’s products and the structure of the UK healthcare system.
- Provide proactive input to the development of business strategy, working closely with commercial colleagues across GSK UK.
- Support all medical affairs projects and activities, including input and support to cross-functional team.
- Co-ordinate and utilise specialist knowledge with brand aligned colleagues in formulating and implementing short- and long-term medical strategy.
- Work closely with regulatory, commercial, clinical and health outcomes teams to enable patient access to vaccinations, including evidence planning and generation.
- Review and sign-off (final approval) of promotional and non-promotional materials in-line with ABPI Code of Practice and GSK Code of Practice. Ensure compliance with all relevant GSK UK procedures, including Codes of Practice, GCP, and medicines legislation.
- Provide internal training and specialist support within therapy area for office and field-based staff as required.
You will be a licensed physician or pharmacist in the UK, ideally with significant experience on ABPI final signatory support. You will enjoy collaborating cross functionally, be a strategic thinker with strong written and oral communication skills. You will be flexible in your approach, able to respond to changing priorities and be able to work independently to resolve problems, whilst contributing to a broader team when required. You will be solution focussed, with an eye for detail and a proactive approach.
Required Qualifications and experience:
- A licensed physician in the UK or EU
- Significant clinical experience; experience beyond clinical medicine preferred
- Broad therapy area knowledge
- Effective communication skills both in writing and verbally are essential
- Ability to communicate complex issues and data to wide range of professional and lay audiences, adapting message and style to suit.
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills to represent the company in a professional medical manner during medical, scientific and public events
- Contribute effectively in the team, respond positively to requests, engage in team work activities and objectives
- Plan, identify priorities, organise activities and monitor progress to ensure team and individual objectives are met
- Prioritise and plan work with an appropriate sense of urgency and enthusiasm to cope effectively with obstacles and pressure. Respond positively to change and adapting well to changing day to day activities and work procedures as appropriate
- Keeps up to date with the new data and changing healthcare environment
- Proactive, self-motivated, innovative and results-oriented attitude
- Willingness to travel (inside and outside of UK) and within compliance of current Government travel recommendations.
- Membership/Fellowship qualification desirable, but not essential
- Immunology or vaccines therapy experience would be an advantage
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience preferred, ideally in relevant therapy area, including customer-facing experience
- Experience with ABPI / review and approval of promotional and non-promotional materials and activities desirable, but not essential