Corporate Entities Manager
GSK House, Brentford
4 Month Contract
Pay: up to £450 per day (via umbrella ONLY)
GlaxoSmithKline Healthcare is looking for a highly experienced Corporate Entities Manager to join our Group External Reporting and Accounting team. This is a unique opportunity to join us as we separate the GSK Healthcare division from the wider GSK Group as an independent business. As a result, we are looking for someone with excellent IFRS technical skills as well as initiative and resilience to anticipate needs and navigate new processes.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Account for local GAAP adjustments in CERPS (e.g. main or GAAP ledger or Letter Accounts)
- 2021 Statutory Account readiness (Cosmos, LER, Gold, supporting documentation, SAP documentation uploads)
- Resolve specific complex entity TB specific issues including trading partner coding corrections, delayed markets, SAP vs Bison variances, investments in subsidiary balances, legal rationalisation steps, review of share capita and share premium balances, loan notes and build up of IP registers
- ACA/ACCA qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience with IFRS, FRS101 and FRS102
- Practical statutory accounts preparation experience
- Strong numerical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis
- Systems knowledge: SAP Financial Consolidation (SAP FC) and Financial Information Management (FIM) with reporting capabilities via SAP FC, Webi, Bex and Analysis for Office. SAP ERP.
- Communication skills: Must be able to communicate confidently and effectively (verbal and written) within the team and with people in a range of disciplines from external auditors and other functions within the Group which may have varying levels of knowledge and understanding of accounting.
- Ability to work across boundaries: Stakeholders may be based in different locations around the world or within other functions within the Group.
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple activities in parallel: The role covers daily operational deliverables and ad hoc projects with focus on managing multiple reporting deadlines and delivering results.
- Ability to explain complex financial concepts in simple terms: The role is involved in managing and accounting for potentially complex transactions. The role holder is expected to be able to explain complex financial concepts in simple terms to a wide range of stakeholders.