The Cell Culture Scientist is responsible for carrying out activities associated with the production, development and maintenance of plant cell cultures within the Worthing manufacturing site.
• To produce and develop cell lines with increased productivity of a required compound.
• To participate in high throughput screening programme ensuring all activities are performed according to the schedule.
• To identify areas for improvement in the screening programme, conduct experiments to verify improvements and incorporate them into the screen.
• Identify alternative strategies for identifying an improved plant cell line.
• Identify new technologies to improve efficiency of the screen, liaise with suppliers, establish cost benefits and implement where appropriate.
• Ensure all data is recorded in appropriate format. Analyse data using appropriate statistical software and use results to improve the screening programme.
• To interact and liaise with other BPS teams to support delivery of BPS objectives
• To adhere to and help maintain the highest levels of Safety and GLP across the department.
• Ensure facilities and equipment are maintained to an appropriate standard and raise issues as necessary.
• Support other departmental activities (eg Culture Maintenance) as required (only if necessary myLearning curricula have been completed).