Balance Sheet Disentanglement Manager (MA&D Accountant)
GSK House, Brentford
8 Month Contract
Pay: up to £515 per day (via umbrella ONLY)
Who Are We - GSK?
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. GlaxoSmithKline plc was formed in 2000 as a result of a merger between Glaxo Wellcome plc and SmithKline Beecham plc , although our history can be traced back more than 300 years to London’s Plough Court Pharmacy in the 1700s.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. Our strategy is to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our three global businesses, scientific and technical know-how and talented people. Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture:
- Our values are Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity
- Our expectations are Courage, Accountability, Development, Teamwork
Are you an experienced Accountant within Corporate Finance? If you have experience working on fast paced, complex projects within Finance Transformation this could be an exciting opportunity for you to explore.
As a Balance Sheet Disentanglement Manager, you will be responsible for project delivery including, providing technical accounting advice, group consolidation financial reporting instructions as well as delivering training and providing guidance to our financial stakeholders across a number of different areas and levels across the organisation on a Global scale.
Consumer Health: (GSK NewCo):
- GSK is undertaking a large and complex programme to separate its currently integrated consumer business into a standalone legal and operational entity. The new entity will become one of the largest Consumer Healthcare companies in the world, offering many well-known and trusted brands.
- Draw together Group financial reporting instructions for our local finance teams to support their separation activity.
- Managing projects with discretion.
- Understand the timing and complexity of each of the tiers and asset transfer arrangements – through the various phases of the project
- Work with Corporate finance, Close & Control finance teams, local FDs, Treasury and tax departments.
- Provide guidance and training/support to impacted stakeholders.
- Review and monitor the reporting of these transactions for accuracy and consistency across the organisation
- Provide Ad hoc support to the wider team.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related degree discipline.
- Qualified member of recognised professional finance body (e.g. ICAEW / CIMA / ACCA).
- Excellent communication skills.
- First-hand project management experience.
- Strong financial reporting experience
- Group consolidation reporting experience
- Strong system knowledge
- Industry experience is an advantage.