Machine Learning Engineer
£650 - £669 per day via Umbrella
GSK - Brentford / Remote
The machine learning engineer designs, develops and deploys machine learning solutions to meet enterprise goals and support experimentation and innovation. The engineer collaborates with developers and data scientists to identify innovative machine learning solutions that leverage data to meet business goals. The machine learning engineer ensures infrastructure and data pipelines are structured to deploy machine learning solutions.
You will work closely with several data scientists on this project.
· Key skills - Python coding, optimisation of code, R, delivering code and packages into MLOps
· Coding knowledge and experience in several languages: for example, R, Python
· Experience with popular database programming languages including SQL, PL/SQL, for relational databases and upcoming nonrelational databases such as NoSQL/Hadoop-oriented databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, and others.
· Experience with distributed data/computing tools: MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, also MySQL, and so on
· Experience of working across multiple deployment environments including [cloud, on-premises and hybrid], multiple operating systems and through containerization techniques such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Elastic Container Service, and others.
· Experience in one or more of the following commercial/open-source data discovery/analysis platforms: [RStudio, Spark, KNIME, RapidMiner, Alteryx, Dataiku, H2O, SAS Enterprise Miner (SAS EM) and/or SAS Visual Data Mining and Machine Learning, Microsoft AzureML, IBM Watson Studio or SPSS Modeler, Amazon SageMaker, Google Cloud ML, SAP Predictive Analytics.