Senior Admin Assistant
12 Month Contract
£19.70 PAYE or £25.46 Umbrella
The Medicine and Process Delivery Senior Administrative Assistant (MPD Admin) provides administrative support to the Head of MPD, the MPD Leadership Team, the NPS Board, the MPD Portfolio Project & Resource ManagementTeam, and ad hoc support to other members of MPD.
The MPD Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
· Comprehensive administrative support for Head MPD, including:
o Proactive email/correspondence and action management;
o Proactive calendar management;
o Effective meeting administration: arrange internal/external meetings and conference calls, support preparation of presentations and drafting of correspondence, ensure timely availability of all relevant ‘e-paperwork’ for pre-read ahead of meetings;
o Travel arrangements;
o Track departmental finance and other team measures as required;
o Team event arrangements;
o Holiday and sickness reporting of the teams
o Recruitment administration and other business operational support as requested;
o Arrange Leadership Team meetings and provide full logistical support for these as required.
· Administrative support of the MPD PPRM Head and other members of MPD on an ‘as needed’ basis including travel arrangements, expense management, meeting arrangements, diary management where required, ordering of general office supplies;
· Operational support to NPS Board: booking of meetings and meeting rooms, call for agendas, Team Site management, distribution of agendas and papers, IT support in place to ensure all meetings start on time and run smoothly, and other administrative support required by the Secretariat;
· Support business operational activities for the MPD Leadership Team, including contribution to discussions, business improvement ideas and implementation, and preparation of supporting documentation and spreadsheets as required.
· Support to the local office area, local sites and enabling support for team and individual remote working (specific support to be agreed).
· Secretarial and administrative training and experience
· Experience of working with senior management
· Competent in the use of GSK’s IT applications (Microsoft Office, MS Teams, Team Sites, Intranet) and systems (finance, effort tracking, etc)
· Proficient use of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
· Ability to exploit technology and new ways of working to drive high engagement and support effective delivery across MPD whether working on site or remotely