Job description Posted 19 July 2021
UX/UI Designer : Azure, Figma, Miro, Adobe
Role is based in Brentford but initially working from Home Role Profile
- This is an exciting opportunity to join and support GSK Consumer Healthcare in its journey to becoming a more data driven organisation. This means providing our teams with easy access to relevant and timely data to inform faster and more insight driven decision making. In addition, this will enable faster feedback on the impact of change as the organisation undergoes agile transformation and transition to a ‘test and learn’ approach. Data is a key tenet underpinning our transformation journey following the joint venture with Pfizer this year and our 3-year plan to spin off into a separate company.
- The main purpose of the Data Innovation function is to act as a liaison between business and technology teams to focus on the identification, prioritisation and delivery of business insights in the form of reporting dashboards, presentations and ad-hoc analysis that will be used to drive business decisions and actions both strategically and operationally.
- We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX professional who can design and build new data products and capabilities, focusing on existing user experience to identify, design and implement enhanced means of communicating information to users.
- The successful candidate would have the opportunity to demonstrate thought leadership on usability & UI best practice and hugely influence the look & feel of our new data products, through interactive dashboards and interfaces, infographics, typography and data visualisation.
- Drawing from UX and data visualisation best practices to ensure the delivered solution is intuitive and provides actionable insights that need little or no explanation.
- Design, and create rapid prototypes for data visualisations and user interfaces to be developed in Power BI and Qlik Sense that provide fresh insights and enable data driven decision making.
- Generate creative and engaging visualisations to relay complex data truthfully and effectively to target stakeholders
- Gather and document stakeholder requirements including user stories, design requirements and mock-ups/prototypes.
- Choose and explain how to display data effectively by designing for usability, accessibility and all devices
- Craft infographic stories, ensuring the understanding and adoption of data across the business.
- Educate the business on the newest and most effective ways of reporting e.g. visual design and usability.
- Looks externally for inspiration and insights that can be used.
- Act as a key member of diverse team working in a fast-paced agile product oriented environment.
- Knowledge of UX and data best-practices when it comes to the presentation and visualisation of data products and visualisations as all levels of audience across the enterprise. A good eye for design is essential, however, the candidate doesn’t need to be a professional designer but must be able to communicate design concepts effectively, and conducting research, workshops & usability studies.
- Graphic design skills with proven ability to create engaging and user-friendly visualisations and infographics
- Experience handling and analysing data
- Track record of taking features from inception, through design and all the way to a successful delivery.
- Experience in creating advanced data visualisations using Power BI and/or Qlik Sense would be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to identify, prioritise and efficiently manage time to focus on critical tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, able to work in an agile way with business stakeholders who are less technically minded.
- Experience of working collaboratively with colleagues in an agile based team, as the role will be working in multidisciplinary teams (you’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, and other designers.