The VEO Manager will be responsible for supporting the Director in the process of planning, generating and delivering health outcomes and economic evidence across the different stages of drug development to demonstrate the value of our medicines to payers, regulators, healthcare providers, and patients. The global Value Evidence Manager will sit in the VEO group, reporting to the Value Evidence Director/Leader, and support specific activities for assets in Respiratory and/or other programmes as prioritized by the research organisation.
• VEO input into the Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) in select pipeline assets/indications
• VEO Projects supporting the IEP, bringing required technical knowledge and ensuring high quality of deliverables
• Specific sub-teams, projects, or external collaborations as identified through interactions with VET (Value Evidence Team) including health outcomes, epidemiology, statistics, clinical, medical affairs and potentially lead the VET.
• Transparency of evidence generation activities within the Franchise markets to the IET.
• At direction of Head, TA lead or Director, VEL, support external collaborations and scientific evidence requirements with reimbursement bodies and decision makers (e.g. formal scientific advice).
• The role(s) will involve working closely with many stakeholders including Early/Medicine Development Leaders, Global Commercial Leads, Physician Leads, RWE and Epidemiology, Patient Focussed Outcomes, Patients in Partnership team, Market Access, Clinical Scientists etc. Areas for partnership will include
o Clinical trial design in alignment with stakeholder insights and the IEP.
o Working with LOC colleagues to ensure local evidence generation needs are met in line with the medicine strategy
o Working with commercial, market access and patients in partnership and other colleagues to gain insights into evidence generation requirements
o Working with teams to drive the medicine strategy and prepare for internal governance reviews
• Key evidence supporting internal governance reviews and reimbursement submissions
• The Value Evidence and Outcomes specific activities as defined in the IEP (Patient Reported Outcomes strategy, economic modelling, real world evidence, indirect comparisons, etc) ensuring the scientific robustness of the study protocol, study execution, analyses, and reporting.
• Impactful publications
• The Value Evidence and Outcomes materials to inform internal governance decision making or support Franchise LOCs’ reimbursement activities depending on stage of development.
• Value Evidence and Outcomes input to regulatory documents with accuracy and scientific integrity.
• Compliance with necessary regulations for quality and disclosure.
Basic Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters degree or higher in Health outcomes, patient reported outcomes, health economics, epidemiology, pharmacy, health or life sciences.
• Experience in health outcomes or an aligned discipline/function
• Self-motivated ownership and accountability for projects, move them forward, and deliver with minimal supervision
• Strong technical knowledge in key areas including economic modelling and observational studies
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong critical thinking strategically and tactically
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Doctorate level (e.g. PhD, Pharm D) or higher level degree with commensurate industry and business qualification
• Experience in Respiratory desirable by not mandatory
• Pharmaceutical experience that includes: Drug development and/or and launch experience in support of value evidence generation
• Global R&D and/or LOC experience