Finance Manager – Consolidation
Contract until December 2021
Up to £600 per day via umbrella
Remote / Brentford
Are you an experienced Accountant within Corporate Finance? If you have experience working on fast paced, complex projects within Finance Transformation this could be an exciting opportunity for you to explore within our Consumer Health Function.
As Finance Manager, you will be responsible for project delivery including, providing technical accounting advice, group consolidation financial reporting instructions as well as delivering training and providing guidance to our financial stakeholders across a number of different areas and levels across the organisation on a Global scale.
Consumer Health: (GSK NewCo):
- GSK is undertaking a large and complex programme to separate its currently integrated consumer business into a standalone legal and operational entity. The new entity will become one of the largest Consumer Healthcare companies in the world, offering many well-known and trusted brands.
- Analyse accounting adjustment entanglements and propose approach to disentangle.
- Creating intercompany balances approach to ensure a phased settlement in advance of spin.
- Provide expertise in responding to questions raised by LOC (Local Entities) (or regional) FDs in the support of the analysis and construction of asset disentanglement proposals.
- Review proposed BSD (Balance Sheet Disentanglement) STPs (proposals) for accuracy, completeness and compliance (with centrally mandated principles and guidance) ahead of submission to Approval Board.
- Consolidate LOC STPs to present themes, trends and ‘macro impacts’ to the BSD Board in order to enable decision making.
- Support and challenge LOC teams in the creation of asset/liability disentanglement plans.
- Liaise with centrally managed activities covering areas such as Tech, Pension, People and WREF and ensure these are included in STP’s.
- Provide analysis support for above entity Corporate entanglements.
- Qualified member of recognised professional finance body (e.g. ACA / CIMA / ACCA).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- First-hand project management experience.
- Strong financial reporting experience.
- Group consolidation reporting experience.
- Strong system knowledge.
- Experience working with Power BI.