Finance Transformation Risk Manager C&C (Close & Control)
GSK House/Initially Remote
6 Month Contract (Starting in January)
Pay: up to £595 per day via Umbrella
This role is a business risk-mitigation role supporting Global Finance Services (GFS) Transformation activities across the globe. GFS Transformation projects are key to delivering GSK’s strategic objectives and cover Target Operating Model changes, ERP deployments and migrations, organisational changes, and risk mitigation activities in key processes. The role is also a partner to a Global Process Owner (Close and Control - C&C) in assessing risks and identifying mitigation controls for Global Process Owner (GPO) led change projects. The role will also identify opportunities for process simplification and efficiency. This role is also part of the extended leadership team in the Finance Risk Management and Controls Centre of Excellence.
This role will interact with senior stakeholders across finance and other functions (GFS Tower Leads, Process OPLs, GPOs, Markets and Global BPO organisation, Enterprise Project Management and Project Leads).
Manage the finance risk and control workstream for GFS Transformation projects to ensure that risks to the finance processes that arise from the planned change are assessed and appropriately mitigated. Support the relevant Global Process Owner to drive risk mitigation for key GFS Transformation change initiatives that significantly impact the finance organisation. These may include system changes, Target Operating Model changes, Global Process Owner initiatives, or process simplifications.
With the implementation of new systems and the transformation of Global Finance Shared Services, there are various tools being introduced to improve the risk environment and drive efficiency in the C&C and other finance processes. There are also end-to-end reviews and assessments being performed on the C&C operating models, as well as automation programs in progress.
- Support the C&C GPO team, as a key project team member, with risk management activity and assessment of internal control impact from multiple workstreams in the program. Ensure that control impacts are understood and managed, and the business is supported to perform controls after the change is implemented.
- Participate in key GPO Transformation and Governance activities as the finance risk representative to provide direct support to project teams in delivering the change.
- Partner with the C&C Global Process Owner to identify risks and to recommend appropriate mitigating controls in identified opportunities to transform processes (implementation of new tools, process convergence, standardisation and productivity improvement) to deliver tangible benefits to the business.
- Partner with the C&C Global Process Owner and Team to ensure adequate risk mitigation plans are developed for key change projects. Ensure an end-to-end process perspective is applied to ensure people capability & capacity, organisational structure and system resource limitations are adequately risk assessed for process change.
- Design appropriate controls for new and changing processes that consider the end-to-end process and risk profile as well as opportunities to automate and optimise controls. Use technology where appropriate to improve the design of new and changing controls.
- Manage new and changing controls through the governance process for inclusion in the Internal Control Framework.
- Work with the GPO team to develop appropriate risk and control activities, deliverables and toll gate criteria for Transformation projects, and continually assess and develop their effectiveness.
- Work closely with the wider Risk Management and Control team to create awareness of planned changes and to help assess the impact of the activities on the wider team.
- Interact with key process stakeholders to understand current and emerging business requirements and change strategies and the associated risks to implementation and internal controls.
- Liaise with the external auditors on all change projects that impact internal controls to inform them of relevant changes in a timely manner.
- CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA with a minimum 8-10 years Post Qualification experience in process operations, including 3-4 years in SOX Compliance, internal audit, Risk Management and Compliance.
- Strong experience in risk assessment, auditing and internal controls.
- Good knowledge of finance processes and associated risks, particularly in C&C.
- Working experience of SAP.
- Can challenge, convince and adequately drive change. Lead discussions and communicate at all levels of the organisation effectively.
- Team player - this role will require working in teams with members from across the finance and Tech organisations.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills – risks will require escalation and proposed mitigation plans that need to be agreed with a wide variety of stakeholders.