6 month initial contract
Up to £590 per day via umbrella only
Remote / Brentford
Consumer Health Transformation Project Management Office – Project Manager
Organisational Role Fit
This role reports into the Transformation Project Management Office which is responsible for deliver the Integration of Pfizer Consumer Health with GSK Consumer Health and ultimately the separation of GSK Consumer Health.
• Reports to Project Director within Transformation Project Office
• Manages a matrix team of 5-50 people
• Based at GSK House, Brentford
Over the next 18 months GSK will be preparing to create two great companies, a GSK Biopharma and new Consumer Healthcare. This role is to partner with Business Leaders to ensure their parts of the business is ready for this.
This role is vital in the implementation of the most important elements of GSK strategy. This is a high paced and exciting programme to work on. The impact of the role is immediate in terms of ensuring effective organization, mobilization, planning and executing key projects critical to commercial success and organizational health. Effective management and project delivery is vital to CH and thus GSK’s return to shareholders.
• Lead the project design effort including team resourcing and structure, governance, issues / risks escalation and decision processes, ways of working, meetings structure all within the wider Integration governance approach.
• Act as a coach and role model to the project team to help embed the best practice project management process and ways of working.
• Manage and deliver against all project objectives as per agreed project charter (scope, time, budget, resources and quality).
• Identify and engage and manage stakeholders. Ensure effective communications plan is in place and managed on an on-going basis. Preparation of materials for forums such as Steering Committees and other Governance forums as required
• Lead the planning process, establish and manage project plan including internal and external dependencies.
• Programme reporting to include weekly updates as required, management of programme meetings, maintenance of project documents in line with agreed requirements.
• Establish and manage effective project tracking and reporting process suitable for reporting at various management levels (Time / KPIs / Benefit / Quality/Risk Management /Learnings) at various stakeholder levels.
• Proven self-starter
• Spots complexity and understands approaches to deal with it
• Rapid learning ability to deal with complex and novel situations
• Actively seek assistance to deal with situations beyond own ability to manage
• Questions for understanding
• Sustained high energy levels, energises team and can influence it to tackle problems
• Highly objective, open and honest about issues
• Credibility when dealing with Senior Stakeholders
Required Soft Skills
• Is credible when challenging/leading senior stakeholders, bringing gravitas to the role
• Forms effective and lasting networks with colleagues across functions
• Advanced listening skills. Able to interpret the stakeholder needs and views and manage them by providing suitable project solutions
• Good knowledge of multi cultural and multi functional specificities and ways of working
• Able to effectively influence within project team and across stakeholder groups
• Competent in working with team dynamics and leadership principles
• Organisational: Managing a highly complex project made up of numerous workstreams
• Functions / Geographies: Across multiple GSK functions and geographies
• Matrix Management: Comfortable in influencing without authority across functions up to the functional management teams.
• Decision Making: Able to design and embed bespoke decision-making process to suit project complexity and structure
• External Parties: Actively involved in on-boarding and on-going management of external parties. Effectively integrates external teams into the project structure.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver in a face paced, complex environment and comfortable working with ambiguity
• Large scale transformation programme experience
• MA&D Project experience
• Previous experience working within highly regulated matrix organisations
• 3-5 years of project management skills and aptitude coupling both hard and soft skills that has included multifunctional projects in a complex matrix.
• Experience of managing multiple stakeholders in different functions and regions. Aptitude or experience to teach and coach project management, continuous improvement and GSK Fundamentals.
• Project experience should include the design, planning, governance, phasing and implementation of a projects as well as tools and techniques for issues and risk management, decision making and reporting
• Well-developed soft skills are essential for success
• Experience of change management approaches with ability to lead
• MS Project and SharePoint fluent, good working knowledge of MS Office
• Project or Programme Management qualification (Eg APM, PMI, MSP or Prince 2)