12 month contract
up to £14.98 per hour
GSK are seeking a formulation scientist (12-month fixed term) to support research activities within the consumer healthcare business at Weybridge, UK.
The role is mainly laboratory-based, providing support to new product developments within the oral health category. It is a fantastic opportunity to gain industrial experience within the fields of formulation chemistry, analytical chemistry and product performance testing.
Responsibilities will include:
1) Preparing liquid and powder product formulations according to standard operating procedures and batch production sheets
2) Using validated analytical methods to test the physical and chemical properties of formulations
3) Conducting performance testing on formulations, including preparing artificial test substrates (soils/stains)
4) Placing samples on time-course stability studies and conducting specific analyses over time
5) Meticulously documenting work in laboratory notebooks
6) Helping to keep the laboratory organised, clean and tidy
7) Working to high standards of safety and quality, including following Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) policies where appropriate
Preferred skills and qualifications
1) Undergraduate degree in chemistry or a related subject (formulation science, pharmaceutical chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering etc)
2) Experience of working in a research laboratory, either in academia or industry
3) Ability to follow scientific procedures and protocols independently to produce high-quality results
4) Preferably some experience of product formulation (not essential)
5) Preferably some experience of working to GxP policies
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?