Logistics Project Manager
Remote / Brentford
Up to £550 per day via umbrella only
GSK has incurred significant incremental cost in 2020 due to increased air freight rates caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. Capacity has significantly reduced and cost has increased, leading to ongoing and challenging costs in the P&L. This will continue into to 2021 and likely beyond.
GSK Pharma Supply Chain and the Pharma Logistics team is looking to address air freight cost and has started work across a number of workstreams with the objective of making changes that provide more flexibility and capacity and reduce cost.
We require a Project Manager to co-ordinate the work across all the current workstreams which has started being worked on. As an example, this includes but is not limited to introducing new Logistics Service Providers (LSPs), changing ways of working with introduction of short term tenders for existing LSPs, alternative routings etc.
The role will involve co-ordinating and managing activities across our 4PL, 3PL’s and several functions including Pharma Logistics, Logistics Procurement, Quality and the business stakeholders in the global regions.
A key deliverable will be helping the management team to determine which workstreams progress to business case and implementation.
• Prepare and manager project Delivery Plan across all the workstreams
• Define project tasks and resource requirements
• Support the assembly of and coordinate project staff
• Project Planning, must be very competent with use of Microsoft Project and other Project Management systems
• Risk, Issue and Dependency management
• Team delivery management
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• Support project resource allocation
• Plan and schedule project timelines
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
• Provide direction and support to project team
• Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
• Present as required in governance fora
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?