Data Architect - required immediately
The Data Architect is responsible for the ownership, development and documentation of the data infrastructure. They will work closely with the Programme Solution Architects and Information architects as well as Business Analysts, Data Analysts and delivery teams to design and implement a cohesive and extensive data model for the chosen MDM domains. This person will also be responsible for identifying policies relating to standards, guidelines and efficient governance of the data. Expert knowledge of database technology and SaaS MDM solutions is also key for the role.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides data architecture thought leadership and expertise.
• Defines reference and implementation models.
• Applies thorough knowledge of conceptual, logical and physical data modelling techniques to develop proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models.
• Monitors and supports implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
• Ensures implementation solutions support architecture objectives (availability, scalability, performance, security, etc.), as appropriate.
• Adept at analysis and design of complex data solutions and business processes re-engineering required to support Master and Reference Data management
• Has a good understanding and demonstrable experience with metadata management
• Has a good understanding and demonstrable experience with data quality management
• Has a good understanding and demonstrable experience of data integration concepts and technologies.
• Adept at conceptualizing solutions and problem solving.
• Communicates complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or 7+ years’ experience with master and reference data management, data modeling, data engineering, data integration
• Prior success in a data architect role and with implementing data architecture strategies
• Strong database and cloud expertise, along with experience with SaaS MDM solutions
• Strong knowledge of data modelling and data integration concepts required
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?