Category Leader – Technology
Brentford / Remote
Until April 2021
Up to £490 per day via umbrella only
To ensure effective sourcing and execution of comprehensive global sourcing strategies for the assigned Tech spend categories or sub-categories.
To manage Stakeholder relationship and engagement up to VP level in a matrix environment.
To drive effective sourcing, driving procurement lead initiatives and executing global strategies effectively
• Leveraging category and market expertise
• Operating in a truly global manner
• Utilizing GSK and GSK Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies
• Engaging and building strategic relationships with key stakeholders and business partners in GSK
• Understanding the business requirements of key stakeholders and business partners and positioning the Procurement value proposition
• Identifying and delivering business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation
• Ensuring financial benefit delivered is recognized by affected stakeholder communities and Finance groups to allow benefit capture and transparent decision making on how benefits are allocated by the business units, in line with the Spend Management Framework
• Leading, developing and managing the supply base, globally, for the in scope spend categories
• Building and leading effective strategic relationships with key suppliers
• Driving sustainable value for GSK from key supplier relationships
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
• Influence key global stakeholders and business partners to endorse sourcing strategy, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
• Work with Senior Procurement Managers to execute complex global sourcing strategies for spend categories in scope of responsibility
• Have a clear understanding of how global strategies affect local markets and the fit with regional strategy. Build an education & communication process for in-country Procurement leads and business units
• Be the global expert in the spend categories within scope of responsibility
• Deliver global benefits, quality, service, cost and innovation.
• Identify new savings opportunities and work with key stakeholders to implement
• Create and deliver effective global budgets (Plans of Purchase) agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Spend Management Framework and fully aligned with global budgets
External supplier relationships
• Build strategic relationships with suppliers lead processes to ensure value is driven from engagements. Ensure regional considerations are accounted for in global supplier relationships.
• Negotiate, create, execute and manage effective global contracts with suppliers (where required) that will allow GSK to maximize opportunity globally. Ensure regional considerations are taken into account in global supplier negotiations and contracts
• Lead regional supply base reviews and global strategy reviews.
• Work across boundaries
• Release energy
• Drive performance
• Live our values
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
• Relevant experience in Tech procurement covering Software and Professional Services
• Proven negotiations and contract management skills.
• English proficiency (written and oral), other language required
• Leadership/communication skills
• Full knowledge to deal with Microsoft tools
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
• Proven ability to work remotely and successfully in global complex organisations
• Special skill on Excel , pivot tables, and databases understanding
• Use of Strategic Thinking to build relationship (with stakeholders and suppliers) and create sourcing plans
• Managing fast, efficient and transparent information flows
• Solve issues/blockage, beware of risks, support implementation and robustly forecast spend and saving
• Ability to plan strategies & lead high level negotiations for long term and/or multi-countries high value contracts
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?