Supply Chain Assistant
£17.50 per hour PAYE
Remote / Ware
The Product Development & Supply (PDS) Supply Chain is responsible for the manufacture and supply of drug product into GSK’s clinical trials world-wide. The supply chain consists of primary and secondary manufacturing pilot plants across chemical development and pharmaceutical development.
The Supply Chain Assistant role within Global Packaging Operations – Pre Production Management (PPM) team is an exciting opportunity reporting to the Senior Supply Chain Assistant. You will be part of a global team aligned to Supply Chain Managers/Planners across the UK and US supporting a range of supply chain activities and ensuring timely and accurate production handover to packaging operations.
The role will also provide first line support for temperature excursion management at GSK’s clinical sites across the globe, ensuring timely assessment of product excursions and life cycle tracking using available product stability data. This is vital role to ensure continuity of supply to patients.
Job Purpose & responsibilities
• Support aligned Supply Chain Managers/Planners with day to day supply chain activities, including but not limited to – forecast/demand reporting, logistics, set up of Investigator Sponsored Studies (ISS), additional country batch releases, invoice approvals etc
• Inventory management – movement of stock around the network as needed to ensure the right stock, is in the right location at the right time.
• Approve production specifications prior to handover into Global Packaging Operations, ensuring RFT.
• Monitor the clinical site excursion reporting mailbox and process excursion assessments through a QA approval flow.
• Maintain required team metrics and perform to agreed KPIs
• Attended weekly hot topic meetings to report issues and escalations
• Manage own time and workload priorities
• Contribute to continuous improvement activities and quality investigations as required
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical supply chains used in commercial and clinical trials supply
• Possesses good working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practises (GMPs), including data integrity and documentation principles
• An understanding of all phases of product lifecycle from new product development and introduction to discontinuation/divestment and outsourcing.
• An understanding product and labelled storage conditions, and assessment of excursion events.
• Demonstrated understanding of clinical packaging and manufacturing terminology
• Demonstrated knowledge of basic Microsoft Office programs – word, excel, power point etc.
• Understanding of all key functional areas involved in project development through Chemical Development and Pharmaceutical development preferred.
• Degree level or equivalent education preferred
• Manufacturing site experience, principally in supply chain operations (Procurement & Logistics)
• Experienced in Lean Sigma methodologies and techniques
• Experience of business wide ERP systems
• Experience of inputting into and use of Trial Master File (TMF) systems
• Strong communication and interface management skills, combined with the ability to influence others and achieve positive outcomes in the best interests of GSK.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, networking, influencing and facilitating skills both individually and in a group situation to bring about local and global agreement to significant change.
• Experience of product stability data documentation
Additional information about the process
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?