Pensions Operations Manager
GSK House, Brentford
Contract: up to 6 Months
Pay: up to £420 (via Umbrella)
- Responsible for the service delivery of the outsourced UK Pension Plans. Actively manage, monitor, review and continuously improve service delivery and processes with the outsourced vendors.
- Lead the proactive implementation of operational solutions to support strategic or legislative change. For example, the current administration transition project.
- Attend meetings of the Trustees of the GSK Pension Plans as required, drafting and presenting papers on operational issues as appropriate.
- Manage / support as appropriate, contact with the GSK HR community and employee consultative bodies on pensions delivery, policy and change management.
- Manage risk and ensure compliance of benefit plans under your remit within UK government regulations. Proactively mitigating operational risk on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct problem solving exercises and after-action reviews where service delivery issues occur to ensure that the root cause of the issue is identified, and appropriate mitigations are put in place going forward. Draft formal papers and/or recommendations containing a full outline of an issue, possible methods of resolution and suitable recommendations.
- Responsible for managing root cause and risk treatment plans relating to Pension risks.
- Flexibility to manage multiple benefit plans and ability to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities.
- Partner with your benefits peers and the Reward COE to contribute to and influence strategic decision making as appropriate.
- Be a key company contact with external providers and ensure that there is appropriate communication between the actuaries, legal advisers and consultants. Set and manage budgets with external providers as appropriate.
- Lead and manage continuous improvement initiatives and regular and ad hoc projects.
- Ensure accuracy of paper, online and face to communications and processes.
- Manage benefit spend to budget.
- Ensuring compliance with SPII data privacy requirements and compliance against audit findings.
- Technical Support: Strong technical knowledge and understanding of the UK plans. Provide technical pensions support to senior GSK employees and to the GSK HR community. Ensure UK Benefits employees have appropriate technical knowledge to support business needs
- Key Business Stakeholders:- Support and effectively communicate with key Stakeholders within the business including HRBLs and HRSDs to explain the operational impact of business decisions and work collaboratively to find operational solutions where appropriate.
- Internal Resource Management: Support the relationships with Reward CoE, Trustees, internal functions and external advisers to effectively collaborate and manage the plans.
- Communication: ensure that all pension information on the GSK Intranet and external administrators' WEB sites accurately reflects GSK pension plans and processes
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply.