Corporate Insurance and Risk Management
Remote / Brentford
Up to £525 per day via umbrella only
GSK operates a centralized approach to the management of its key insurance and loss prevention programmes. The role will have responsibility for the operational management and delivery of GSK’s US insurance programmes, GSK’s Motor and Employee Benefit programmes. In addition, this role will co-ordinate applicable loss reporting and loss prevention programmes. This role will also support the Director in separating GSK’s insurance arrangements for Biopharm and Consumer Healthcare and put in place separate, standalone insurance programmes for each business.
For each of the US, Global Motor and Employee Benefits insurance programmes the role will have responsibility for the day-to-day operations of these insurances as follows:
• Understand GSK exposure: With the Director, act as the insurance lead in internal forums across EHS, Fleet, Human Resources, Legal and Finance that will develop the understanding of GSKs exposures across each and guide how the insurance terms and conditions need to be constructed to ensure programmes remain aligned to GSK requirements
• Oversight of data collection and verification: establish and oversee rigorous processes for the collection and review of all key exposure metrics. Where a 3rd party has been appointed to undertake data collection on behalf of CIRM, oversee and support their delivery of the task.
• Deliver annual renewals: Under the guidance of the Director, develop a renewal/marketing strategy and define factors for a successful placement. The role will have responsibility for execution and co-ordination of the renewal to a successful conclusion. The role will complete an after-action review and make recommendations for further technical and process improvements.
• Captive and market engagement: Prepare the underwriting submissions in order to negotiate terms for Captive and market participation in the relevant insurance programmes. This will include identification of policy wording changes required to improve the alignment of the programme to GSK exposures. The role will also provide technical advice as required by the Captive manager.
• Claims Management: Provide claims management expertise to advise and assist GSK businesses to reach agreement on insurance claims. As appropriate, the role will develop a claims strategy and be responsible for the execution of the strategy with co-ordination across both internal and external stakeholders. For more complex and material claims, the role will support the Director Corporate Insurance to provide the necessary expertise and develop the claims management strategy required. For the more complex claims, the role will then support the Director with the co-ordination and implementation of the claims strategy.
• Governance: The role will ensure all programmes are fully compliant with legislative and GSK policy and procedures based on the direction of the Director. The role will also provide input into further governance enhancements for the consideration of the Director or alternate responsible to assist the Director with Governance.
• Develop and co-ordinate the implementation of loss prevention strategies mainly for the Workers Comp and Motor Programme. The role will assist to progress existing strategies and will have responsibility for driving the implementation through pro-active business and vendor engagement and advice and the implementation of ongoing reporting and tracking of both service provider and site delivery.
• Support the allocation of insurance costs to local operating companies
• Support the Director in separating GSK’s insurance arrangements so that standalone structures can be implemented for Biopharm and Consumer Healthcare. The role will understand the exposure profiles for the two separate businesses. Market and deliver separate insurance programmes ahead of the spin off which are aligned to each organization’s insurance strategy. The role will ensure that all ancillary services e.g. Broking are in place to support both organizations on a standalone basis.
Skills & experience:
5 + years Insurance role with a large global / multinational company (Pharmaceutical industry experience is not a pre-requisite)
Ability to engage and communicate with full range of stakeholders internally and externally
Cross functional and country project management
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?