The HR Administrator is responsible for providing end-to-end ownership & ensure resolution in a wide range of employee and manager inquiries and requests that come into the Tier 1 team. The cases will range from simple to complex and many will require working with other members of the Tier 1 group or other HR Operations partners to reach resolution.
This role will engage employee or manager and will seek to understand the scope of the inquiry or request. The job holder will either proceed to providing resolution or will conduct further research and proactive management on behalf of the customer of required interactions with other HR teams prior to providing resolution. All cases will be logged into the case management tool to ensure ability to track the status and progress of all inquiries.
• Provide end to end support for employees and managers reaching out to HR Operations via phone, live chat, web submit or email.
• Provide appropriate and accurate information and guidance to employees and managers regarding HR and policies.
• Create case in case management system and act as the central contact for the employee or manager, ensuring they are kept up to date with regular updates and follow up for closure.
• Obtain and evaluate information from customer’s, clarify request and make recommendations and/or implement appropriate actions.
• Proactively identify trends in customer’s queries and escalate common concern that need to be addressed company-wide.
• Use knowledge management tools effectively to ensure accuracy of information and stays abreast of changes in knowledge management content.
• Maintains deep knowledge of Workday and HR processes, and an understanding of the downstream impact of transactions to benefits, pay, and other areas (Workday experience)
• Assist employees with navigation of web tools, including self-service
• Work closely with HR data management team and & HR Partners (tier 2) to ensure all procedures are followed and requests completed within service level agreements.
• Other responsibilities include coaching to colleagues and managers. Ongoing training initiatives and helping to train colleagues. There will also be projects related to operational effectiveness and continuous improvement.
• Independently does research on policies and queries and is able to interpret GSK people policies
• May act as an internal subject matter expert on GSK transactions/processes
• May identify process improvement opportunities within Tier 1 and HR and between GSK and vendors
• Evaluates cases as received & uses judgment to ensure it is handled in the best way possible, while maintaining a focus on the customer experience and managing time expectations.
• Uses a strong working knowledge of GSK & HR to support customer requests into Tier
• Excellent MS Office software skills (word, excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent written communication (language and grammar).
• Excellent verbal communication including excellent listening skills.
• Must work well, both independently and with a team.
• Able to work in collaborative, cross functional team and influence without authority
• Ability to work and maintain resilience in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Able to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously while maintaining customer communication
• Knowledge and understanding of HR processes and procedures
• Customer Service background
• HR Experience preferred
• High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of information
• Ability to understand root cause of issues and effectively problem solve
• Able to present information to customers clearly and concisely and respond to challenging problems
• Strong analytical skills and sound knowledge of reporting tools
• Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
• Familiar with case management and the use of the intranet for information searching
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?