Remote / Barnard Castle
Up to £130 per day PAYE
As a HR Advisor (HRA) you will provide effective HR support to HR Site Leads, HRMs, HRBLs, Line Managers and employees across a range of HR activities to develop and enable them to deliver business objectives and add maximum value to the business. You will also have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of project work across UK PSC sites.
This role is a fantastic steppingstone opportunity for an individual looking to move into an HRA role and further their understanding of on-site working. Individuals with an interest in data/metrics with a customer facing approach would suit this role.
*Please note we have flexibility on location; however, the individual would be expected to attend the Barnard Castle site as required. This will initially be 6 months but with scope for extension.
• You will support line managers with interpretation of HR policies and processes and queries and provide guidance in line with company policy and procedure and local legislation.
• Participate in and support the delivery of key initiatives for business wide projects developed by the HR Centres of Excellence e.g. ITM (Integrated Talent management), Performance System
• You will support HRMs with the preparation of consultation briefing packs, employee impact analyses, and Assessment & Selection process for proposed restructuring initiatives.
• Assist HRMs, HRBLs, and Line Managers in the delivery of key and standardized HR activities
• As aligned with in country scope and in context of the current employment environment, you will resolve low risk ER/IR issues
• Understand and support the One HR agenda through building effective partnerships with other HR partners such as Comp Ops, HRSC, ERC etc.
• Identify HR risks and raise awareness to mitigate risk to GSK reputation
• You will support line managers with general coaching and advice on Workday
• Responsible for initial engagement with new hires within GSK and accountable for following and delivering the New Hire briefings to educate employees about the HR Operating Model.
• Promote standardization and continuous improvement across the business in delivering HR services
• Participate in process improvement initiatives as required providing input about core HR processes.
• Pull data/metrics relevant to site e.g. absence, Working Time Directive, holiday etc. and provide analysis on your findings
• Experience exercising good judgment and working with people at all levels in the organization to advise on HR policies and processes
• Experience in one field of HR or HR support, e.g. HR Support Centre, Recruitment, Compensation
• Ability to assess and identify route cause of issues and effectively problem solve
• Ability and demonstrated experience of working in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills and customer focus mindset to support delivery of HR solutions
• Self -starter with the ability to maintain motivation and determination to see work through to completion over prolonged periods
• Demonstration of ability to maintain confidentiality of information
• Strong analytical skills and sound knowledge of reporting tools (this includes at least a basic Excel skillset)
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects with tight deadlines and effective organisational skills
• Skilled at building relationships across the business
• Strong stakeholder management capabilities
• Experienced working in a large, complex organisation
• Previous experience within a HR Advisor role
• Knowledge of the complexities of site-based working
• Advanced Excel skills
• Prior experience supporting senior stakeholders
All profiles will be reviewed against the required skills and experience. Due to the high number of applications we will only be able to respond to successful applicants in the first instance. We thank you for your interest and the time taken to apply!
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?