Data Engineer: Azure, Data Bricks, Data Factory
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines, and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
Guided by our shared values, the Platform team thrives in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing.
An ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities in addition to communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills. This position will be in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment where you will be handling multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You are not intimidated by challenges, thrive under pressure, are passionate about your craft, and are focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and to help others to raise the bar on your team
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques
On Any Given Day You’ll
- Build sustainable data driven solutions with new data technologies to meet the needs of our organization and business customers
- Design robust end-to-end systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application (DevOps)
- Look to leverage reusable code modules to solve problems across the team and organization
- Exhibit mastery over multiple domains
- Handle multiple functions / roles for the projects / Agile teams
- Have an intrinsic knowledge of standards and languages
- Look to leverage and establish standards across the team and organization
- Understand complex multi-tier, multi-platform, distributed systems
- Develop frameworks of significant complexity
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least X years being hands-on developing distributed systems and building data pipelines
- Exposure to big data technologies (Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, Zookeeper, or similar)
- At least X years experience in cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Experience with Agile engineering practices
- Experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra, etc. a plus)
- Experience developing Java based software solutions
- Experience developing software solutions to solve complex business problems
- Experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing ETL
- Experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
- Familiarity with data science tools and concepts
- Experience in industry, i.e. code committer, published, white paper, etc.
- Experience providing technical leadership on relevant applications
Join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Who will I be working with?